In Nigeria, the use of powered inverters has gone a long way as an alternative means of powering home appliances, office gadgets, and industrial equipment or tools. Inverters play great roles to be a very important device for power storage.
One of the outcoming and use of this great technology shows that a vast number of people are picking interest in choosing the inverters as a solution in solving the unbearable issue of power failure in the country.
The powered inverters are of different brands, sizes, shapes, and capacities depending on the type you choose or willing to buy. You can use the inverter in powering your television sets at home, gadgets, light bulbs, air conditioners as well as kitchen appliances.
The power inverter can only make this possible, especially in powering your air conditioners, washing machines, and fridges making them active when there is no power supply from the grid, all you have to do is going for a huge battery bank and have it in the back of your mind that this normally involve huge prices to get them.
You can still purchase a 1.4KVA or 2.5KVA inverter which would light up your home’s appliances or office gadgets easily. If you don’t plan to spend much money buying a sophisticated inverter and huge battery capacity.
In this article, we write about the best inverter prices in the Nigerian market, their current prices, key features, and specs. We also provide you with a range of 10 best inverters that are affordable, that even an average Nigerian can buy them.
The inverter batteries prices in Nigeria are also discuss in detail alongside the cost price for inverter installation.
Table of Contents
How Inverters Works
Let’s stop the introduction above and get started on how the inverters work. If you might be hearing about the inverters for a long time now and are wondering how it does works, this section is for you.
An inverter is basically a power electronic device that is built with sophisticated materials to converts direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC) for use by electrical home appliances, office gadgets, or industrial equipment or tools.
The reason why it’s been called an inverter is because it inverts the two current and produces the DC as output which now powers all electrical appliances that needed to be ignited by electrical power.
In this view, electrical power inverters are of various types ranging from sine wave, pure sine wave, and square wave power inverters. The most expensive and durable of them all is the pure sine wave inverters and they have made our list of best inverters to buy in Nigeria.
One of the downsides of the square wave power inverter is that it generates square waves and this may not be suitable to power devices like TV and radio sets as its wave complicates the appliances.
This is why the best type of inverters remains the pure sine wave inverter; it uses filters to filter out all harmonics noises leaving only pure 50Hz sine wave. This process has made the device complex to fabricate as its results in a cost increase on sale in the market at large.
In comparing both square and sine wave inverters, know it that the square wave inverters are okay for charging batteries while the pure sine wave is more efficient in heavy house, office, and industrial equipment powering.
Where to buy power inverters in Nigeria
Konga Nigeria – View Offers
Key Features, Specs & Prices of the Best Inverters in Nigeria
When planning to buy an inverter, never go for a good inverter but rather settle for the best inverter to buy. Here in this article, we’ll show you the 10 best quality inverters you can buy anywhere in the Nigerian market.
These inverters are said to be affordable types and the most available in Nigeria to meet your power supply demands as they need no bills but just a refill of the battery when down.
1. Sukam 25KVA/360V Inverter
Sukam 25KVA/360V inverter a very good Inverter that can power heavy house and office appliances for a long period of time, the Sukam 25KVA/360V inverter will certainly work things out when looking for an inverter to buy.
The Sukam 25KVA/360V is a sine wave inverter that has a high capacity of 25KVA which is very large in size and is one of the company’s colossal series of inverters. The Sukam 25KVA/360V inverter is not suitable for small house appliances as it’s used by firms and commercial businesses.
Sukam 25KVA/360V is widely used in banks for the running of the machines also in several hospitals for maintaining power for equipment alongside in filling stations for pumping of fuel and gas for supplying (sales).
Key Features & Specs of Sukam 25KVA/360V
- The Sukam 25KVA/360V inverter has a high output voltage high as 360V,380/400/415V which can be adjusted anytime.
- With the LCD panel, it displays important information like Input/Output Frequency, Input/Output Voltage, and the Output Power.
- Sukam 25KVA/360V inverter also features authentic Galvanic Isolation that helps in maintaining the power temperature during harsh weather.
- The Sukam 25KVA/360V comes with 3 phases simultaneously and has a static bypass switch for changing the phases. This has made the product very useful for monitoring.
- Sukam 25KVA/360V inverter uses Powerdoc Software to help in Remote Monitoring analysis and control.
Price of Sukam 25KVA/360V Inverter
Following the high voltage featured by Sukam 25KVA/360V, Sukam 25KVA/360V sine wave inverter may not be friendly in its affordability for users who would only want to use it in powering mini gadgets like televisions, phones, and household appliances because its price is at a very high rate.
In Nigeria, the price for buying a Sukam 25KVA/360V Pure Sine Wave (colossal series) inverter starts at ₦2,580,000. You can buy the inverter from reputable and trusted online stores like Konga, Jumia, and also other shop outlets.
Full List of Sukam Inverter prices in Nigeria
Here is Sukam Inverter price range in Nigeria:
- Sukam 900VA / 12V – ₦52,500 – ₦62,500
- Sukam 1.6KVA / 24V – ₦96,500 – ₦106,500
- Sukam 2.5VA / 48V – ₦200,000 – ₦210,500
- Sukam 3.5KVA / 48V – ₦240,000 – ₦250,000
- Sukam 5.0KVA / 96V – ₦415,000 – ₦425,000
- Sukam 7.5KVA / 120V – ₦540,000 – ₦550,000
- Sukam 10KVA / 180V – ₦661,500 – ₦671,500
- Sukam 15KVA / 360V (3 Phase) – ₦1,438,000 – ₦1,558,000
- Sukam 20KVA / 360V (3 Phase) – ₦1,713,000 – ₦1,820,000
- Sukam 25KVA / 360V (3 Phase) – ₦2,173,500 – ₦2,580,500
- Sukam 30KVA / 360V (3 Phase) – ₦2,633,000 – ₦2,730,000
- Sukam 40KVA / 360V (3 Phase) – ₦3,438,000 – ₦3,520,000
- Sukam 50KVA / 360V (3 Phase) – ₦5,640,500 – ₦5,740,500
2. Luminous 1.5kVA/24V Inverter
Looking for quality, reliability, and affordability, the Luminous 1.5kVA/24V inverter is a gold mind for you. Luminous 1.5kVA/24V inverter is another cheap inverter that an average Nigerian can afford buying it.
Luminous inverters are known to be among the best in the inverter line, the brand produces efficient and primary inverters at a low price. Following the growth in popularity of this brand, the company always ensures that the problem of epileptic power supply in the country is met.
The Luminous 1.5kVA/24V inverters are very efficient alongside long-lasting. They are also used in homes in powering appliances, small offices in powering gadgets, and in powering telecommunication gadgets because they provide fewer power outputs.
Key Features of Luminous 1.5kVA/24V inverter
- The Luminous 1.5kVA inverters have high power efficiency and long back up duration.
- These inverters are relatively affordable, budget-friendly, easier to maintain and install.
- Luminous 1.5kVA/24V inverters have a bypass switch in regulation.
- One of the best offers is that Luminous inverters when purchasing directly from the brand will be placed 2 years warranty period for the product.
Price of Luminous 1.5kVA/24V Inverter
The Luminous inverters are the best inverter type that can be afforded by a low-income earner in Nigeria; this is why their products are very common in many houses alongside markets in Nigeria.
The price range to buy a Luminous 1.5kVA/24V inverter in Nigeria starts at ₦65,000 up to ₦85,000 depending on the type you’re buying. This price is relatively cheap if you budget for seeing a solution to the power shortage for your home appliances.
Full List of Luminous Inverter prices in Nigeria
See the latest Luminous Inverter prices in the Nigerian market:
- 1.5KVA / 24V – ₦79,700 – ₦89,700
- 2.5KVA / 48V – ₦152,400 – ₦162,400
- 3.5KVA / 48V – ₦205,100 – ₦210,100
- 5.5KVA / 96V – ₦427,800 – ₦437,800
- 7.5KVA / 120V – ₦600,000 – ₦605,500
- 10KVA / 180V – ₦720,000 – ₦730,000
- 1.5KVA / 24V (Intelligent Inverter ) – ₦65,000 – ₦85,000
- 1050VA / 12V (ECO VOLT) – ₦81,500 – ₦82,500
- 850VA / 12V (Solar Hybrid) – ₦64,000 – ₦65,000
- 1.5KVA / 24V (Solar Hybrid) – ₦90,000 – ₦95,000
Buy Original Solar inverters in Nigeria
Konga Nigeria – View Offers
3. Prag 3.5KVA/48V Inverter
The Prag 3.5kVA/48V inverters are generally used for personal, and office alongside factory appliances. The Prag 3.5kVA/48V inverter can be used at home in powering appliances like phones, TVs, Radios, Sound systems, fridges, air conditioners, and other gadgets.
Prag inverter can equally be used in offices and also in the industry for running and powering industrial machines to maintain stable power when their is failure from the grid.
Prag manufacturing company is known for its durability in producing power converter, they are the popular manufacturer that deals on producing quality solar inverters and other essential products in the country.
Key Features of Prag 3.5kVA/48V inverter
The Prag’s 3.5kVA/48V solar inverter has the following unique features:
- The 48-volt inverter has the capability of powering all home appliances, office gadgets, industrial equipment, banks, petrol stations, and more.
- In shape, the Prag 3.5kVA/48V inverters are very compacted and not big in size.
- Prag 3.5kVA/48V inverters inverter comes with a 2 years manufacturer warranty when purchased directly from the brand.
Price of Prag 3.5KVA/48V Inverter
The selling price for Prag 3.5kVA/48V solar powered inverter in Nigeria is quite costly as it can be sold for ₦197,000 and above. The Prag inverters are available for sale in reliable and trusted online stores like Konga, Jumia, etc.
Full List of Prag Inverter prices in Nigeria
Below are Prag Inverters price list in the Nigerian market:
- 1KVA / 12V – ₦69,500 – 79,500
- 1.2KVA / 12V – ₦76,600 – 89,500
- 1.45KVA / 24V – ₦83,100 – ₦93,100
- 1.5 KVA / 24V – ₦96,200 – ₦99,500
- 1.5 KVA /24V (Solar) – ₦123,400 – ₦130,500
- 3 KVA / 24V – ₦155,300 – ₦165,500
- 3 KVA / 24V (Pro Edition) – ₦487,000 ₦497,000
- 3.5KVA / 48V – ₦197,700 ₦200,000
- 4 KVA / 24V – ₦288,000 – ₦298,000
- 5 KVA / 96V – ₦319,700 ₦329,000
- 6KVA / 48V (Pro Edition) – ₦838,500 – ₦848,500
- 7.5 KVA / 120V – ₦449,200 – ₦459,500
- 10 KVA / 180V – ₦503,700 – ₦510,500
4. Mercury 5KVA/24V Spirit Plus Solar Inverter
The Mercury 5KVA/24V Spirit Plus Solar Inverter is a quality one from Mercury, it’s an affordable inverter that helps to put to rest the problem of power unavailability in the country. Mercury brand is one of the trusted and reliable manufacturers of solar renewable energy products and inverters.
Mercury 5KVA/24V inverter is packed with an AC alongside Solar charger mode that helps to ensure the long usage of the inverter before lights out occur. The Mercury 5KVA/24V inverter is suitable for small, medium, or large-sized office or business, for household appliances like TVs, sound systems, etc, and also active for power intensive equipment.
Key Features Mercury 5KVA/24V inverter
- This Mercury inverter that features 24volts is among the best 5KVA inverters that run the job of electricity been unstable.
- Mercury 5KVA/24V inverter is fully cased with the inverter itself, also with an AC that features a Solar charger mode.
- The Mercury 5KVA/24V inverter is noiseless during operation (use) and serves as an added advantage to noisy generators.
Price of Mercury 5KVA/24V Spirit Plus Solar Inverter
If you want to buy the Mercury 5kVA/24V inverter, your budget should start around ₦245,000 for the high-capacity current converter.
Full List of Mercury Inverter prices in Nigeria
Below is the price list for Mecury Inverters currently selling in the Nigerian market:
- Mercury 1.2KVA / 12V (Modified Sine Wave) – ₦35,000 – ₦45,000
- Mercury 2.4KVA / 24V (Modified Sine Wave) – ₦42,000 – ₦55,000
- Mercury 3KVA / 24V – ₦209,000 – ₦229,000
- Mercury 5KVA / 48V – ₦280,000 – ₦290,000
- Mercury 7.5KVA / 120V – ₦370,000 – ₦380,000
- Mercury 3KVA / 24V – ₦209,000 – ₦225,000
5. APC Home UPS 850VA Sinewave B1850SINE Inverter
APC here stands for American Power Conversion, and a home UPS 850VA inverter, it is a sine wave inverter product made by the Schneider Electric company.
With its output voltage of 500 volts, APC is designed to meet the long-run of power fluctuations in most Nigerian homes. On the whole, the APC is very affordable adding with its flexibility to use.
Key Features APC Inverters
- The APC inverter is very flexible and lightweight when compared to others.
- APC brand has the ability to handle power fluctuation with its wide input voltage window all available.
- This inverter switches over at a speed of 10 milliseconds and comes with a UPS-Inverter switch for changing the UPS when needed.
- It has a manufacturer warranty of two years when purchasing directly from the company.
- APC inverter is noiseless and removes no fumes, that why it is said to be environmentally friendly.
The Price APC Home UPS 850VA Sinewave B1850SINE Inverter in Nigeria
The price range of APC Home UPS 850VA sine wave B1850SINE inverter in the Nigerian market starts at N90,000 to N100,000 and can be purchased online from Amazon and Schneider Nigeria. It’s also available in other reputable and trusted online stores like Konga and Jumia.
6. Microtek Static Converter UPS SEBz 1100 V2 Inverter
The Microtek Static Converter UPS SEBz 1100 V2 inverter is among the best inverter/UPS, it makes use of quick speed with a UPS transfer time of about 15 milliseconds. With this, it has made the list of best inverters in Nigeria to look out for when planning to buy an inverter.
The Taiwan Multinational Company and Microtek in conjunction made this to reality as they major in producing durable consumer appliances. And as such, is been given the privileged as one of the best UPS/inverter manufacturers in the world at large.
Key Features of this Microtek Inverter
Microtek inverter comes with a unique features to meet consumer needs and demand, this features include:
- Microtek inverter makes use of sine wave technology to develop the inverter accuracy.
- The inverter has a maximum load capacity of 800w.
- Microtex inverter features a digital signal controller (DSC), this technology used in the Microtex inverter help in its signal controlling.
- It has two (2) years warranty purchased directly from the company.
- The Microtex inverter can be sourced (buy) offline or online.
The Price of Microtek Static Converter UPS SEBz 1100 V2 Inverter in Nigeria
To buy Microtek Inverter anywhere in Nigeria, the price ranges for the Microtek inverter should start at ₦70,000 – ₦85,000 or even above depending on where and the direction you’re buying from.
Where to buy power inverters in Nigeria
Konga Nigeria – View Offers
7. Luminous 850VA/12V Solar Hybrid Inverter
Luminous 850VA/12VA Solar Hybrid Inverter is one of the products from Luminous Company. It is a cheap inverter that features a solar inverter system. The Luminous 850VA/12VA Solar Hybrid Inverter can power equipment like phones, laptops, televisions, and other electric appliances.
Luminous 850VA/12VA Solar Hybrid Inverter runs a certain category of electrical appliances mentioned above; this is due to its low-capacity which only inverts for a short period of time.
The Luminous 850VA/12VA Solar-powered inverter is highly recommended if you are looking for an affordable inverter that can save your electricity bills and also ensure constant power supply to your home appliances, alongside office equipment.
Key Features of this Luminous Inverter
- The Luminous 850VA/12VA Solar Hybrid Inverter delivers both AC and DC output.
- Its features a logic charging technology that helps in protecting against overload, deep discharge, short-circuit, and low battery.
- The Luminous 850VA/12VA Solar Hybrid Inverter is rated 850VA.
Price of Luminous 850VA/12VA Solar Hybrid Inverter
The Luminous 850VA/12VA inverter price in the Nigerian market in this list is one of the lowest, Luminous 850VA/12VA Solar Hybrid Inverter can be purchased low as ₦65,000 to ₦75,000 depending on where/location. This inverter can be found in various outlets or online stores in the country. Read more on Luminous inverter prices.
8. Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter
In this list is another Sukam inverter that features 5KVA/96V, the Sukam 5KVA/96V inverter is a pure sine wave inverter and is produced by an Indian company. They also have their branch in Lagos, Nigeria. This makes buying this inverter brand in Nigeria very easy and accessible.
Sukam 5KVA/96V inverter is part of the ‘colossal series’ is huge and has the capacity to power both low and heavy-duty appliances like electric bulbs, refrigerator, microwave, filling station fuel pump, air conditioners, and more. It can also go a long way in powering and lifting an elevator.
The Su-Kam DSP Sine Wave Inverter has a high capacity. Due to this, is the best fit for running the most sophisticated office appliances and industrial equipment that requires high and stable power which may be a different story using NEPA light.
Features of Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter
- The Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter has the power and capacity to runs heavy loads of appliances like fridges and air-conditioners, microwave, fuel pump, lifting/elevator.
- Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter has a reverse battery polarity that protects the device.
- This inverter brand features and uses MOSFET with the DSP based PWM technology.
- It has an Inputted algorithm for Logic Charging.
- Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter is easy to operate
- It has an LCD display to show relevant information during operation.
- The Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter has constant voltage adding features with its stable frequency.
- Sukam 5KVA/96V inverter will silently power your house and office with uninterrupted electricity.
Price of Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter
Looking forward to buying Sukam 5KVA/96V inverter, the price cost for purchasing the Sukam 5KVA/96V inverter is on the high side. This is because of its grand size and capacity. The price of the Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter starts at ₦454,300 and above depending.
Aside from buying the Sukam 5KVA/96V Pure Sine Wave Inverter offline, you can still buy them online from reliable and trusted stores like Konga, Jumia etc.
Buy Original Solar inverters in Nigeria
Konga Nigeria – View Offers
9. Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter
The Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter among the best inverter that is used by big offices and factories in maintaining constant power to machines that run the whole clock hours? Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter is certainly what’s used anywhere to backup power generators. It’s much cheaper and a better alternative to pollution-free compare to generators.
Features of Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter
- The Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter uses solar energy, power generators, or power from electricity.
- Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter has a high-capacity up to 10KVA and consequently outputs 192 volts to last for long period.
- This inverter is used to power household appliances and office/industrial equipment that require massive power consumption.
Prices of Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter
The exact price of the Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter can’t be fully confirmed. But never the less, the price of Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter falling in the same range and category like this are usually sold between ₦480,000 – ₦500,000 depending on the configurations.
Full List of Bluegate Inverter prices in Nigeria
Below are some of Bluegate inverter prices as seen in the Nigerian market today:
- Bluegate 1KVA / 12V – ₦65,500 – ₦75,500
- Bluegate 2KVA / 24V – ₦76,000 – ₦85,500
- Bluegate 3.5KVA / 24V (Rack Mount) – ₦155,000 – ₦165,000
- Bluegate 5.5KVA / 24V (Rack Mount) – ₦207,000 – ₦217,000
- Bluegate 10KVA / 192V – ₦494,000 – ₦504,000
10. Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter
The Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter makes our list of recommended inverters to buy as it was voted in the year 2018 as the best inverter in India. Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter was manufactured in India by Exide, this company is known for producing storage like batteries.
Note that the Exide inverters are a bit more expensive but affordable if you’re considering buying a high-quality product that is speedy and that run heavy appliances for a long time.
Features of Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter
Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter has various features that make it a unique brand, they are as follows:
- The Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter comes with a high-speed microprocessor and also features the Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology.
- The inverter features an LCD that displayed its Input and output voltage, percentage load alongside battery power.
- The Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter has a maximum load capacity of 850w.
- It features a UPS switches over that switch at a speed-fastness of 10 milliseconds.
- For Exide brand to show its durability and quality, has placed a 2-year warranty on this device when purchased directly from them.
Price of Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter
If you’re considering buying the Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter, the price cost of Exide 850VA Pure Sinewave UPS Inverter is between ₦600,000 – ₦800,000.
Prices of Inverter Batteries in Nigeria
In Nigeria, most inverter battery offers a capacity of 12V, you can see and get them in this particular order: 100 AH, 150 AH, and 200 AH. 200AH. This battery is the most popular as they offer a better user experience.
Inverter Battery Price List in the Nigerian Market
Below are the price range of inverters in the Nigerian market:
- 12V / 100Ah – ₦55,500 – ₦95,000
- 12V / 150Ah – ₦95,000 – ₦130,000
- 12V / 200Ah – ₦105,000 – ₦180,000
- 2V / 500 Ah – ₦90,000 – ₦150,000
- 2V / 600 Ah – ₦94,000 – ₦150,000
- 2V / 750 Ah – ₦155,000 – ₦200,000
- 2V / 1500 Ah – ₦270,000 – ₦350,000
Cost of Installation of Inverters in Nigeria
In Nigeria, the Installation cost for installing an inverter depends on the type and the work labour involved. Simple parallel installation costs around ₦10,000 while connecting inverters of 1KVA and above will cost higher up to ₦20,000 and above.
Conclusively, that’s our take on the 10 best inverters that will make you not go off lights when there is power failure from the grid. Inverters on the other hand are silent generators, these set of it are more durable, efficient, and affordable for even a low-income earner in Nigeria can get them.
This post aims to provide you with all the information about the 10 best inverters that are available in the Nigerian market, prices of inverters currently selling in the Nigerian market alongside the key features and specifications you may need to know about them.