It only takes a few minutes to register for Barclays Online Banking. After a successful registration with the Barclays Online Banking platform, you will be able to access you Barclay’s savings or current account, mortgage account, merchant account from the comfort of your home.
Asking; how do I register for Online Banking with barclays.co.uk, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Requirements for registering Barclays Online Banking
To register Barclays Online Banking, you’ll need to
- Have either a Barclays current account with a Barclays bank card, a savings account or a mortgage, or be a merchant customer.
- Live in the UK.
- Be aged 16 or over.
- Your Barclays account details (includes; full names, date of birth etc).
- PC or smartphone with internet access.
- Email address.
How to register for the Barclays Online Banking?
There are 3 stages in registering for Online Banking with Barclays Bank UK PLC platform. Stage 1 collect your details, stage 2 review your details, while state 3 complete the registration.
To register for Online Banking with Barclays, follow the steps:
- Visit https://www.barclays.co.uk/.
- Click on “Register”.
- Read the important information carefully, then click “Start”.
- Your Details:
- Type in your Surname as it appears on your Barclays account
- Your date of birth
- Account Details (Select the type of Barclays account you have).
- Current or savings account: If you have a mortgage with Barclays Bank UK PLC, as well as a current or savings account, choose this option.
- Mortgage account: If you only have a mortgage account with Barclays Bank, choose this option.
- Merchant: If you’re a merchant customer and you don’t have any other accounts with Barclays Bank, choose this option.
- Enter Sort code(This is the 6-digit number on the front of your Barclays debit or authentication card).
- Card number (This is the 16-digit number on the front of your debit or authentication card. If you don’t have one of these, you can order one by contacting Barclays Bank).
- Contact Details:
- Email address
- Confirm Email address
- If you want Barclays to email about their products and services, tick the box.
- Click “Next” to continue the registration
- If you have previously registered for Barclays Online Banking, you will be taken to a confirmation screen (Review) where you can scroll down to check if your details are correct. If you’re happy, click on “Confirm”.
- And that’s it; you are now registered for Online Banking with Barclays. You will be able to login your Barclays Online Banking as soon as you receive your postcode which should arrived at your home address within 5 working days.
And there you are – You’re all set up.
Are you a business customer?
If you have a business savings or current account with Barclays Bank that requires 2 or more people to authorise payments, or you have third party access to the account, you’ll be given limited view/view only access to the Barclays Online banking service.
To register Barclays Online Banking for business customers, follow the steps:
- Visit Barclays Bank Business Online Banking Registration page.
- Enter Your Details (please, fill the form correctly as required).
- After entering your details correctly, click “Next” below the form at bottom-right hand side.
- Check your details is correct and continue.
- Finish the registration.
What are you waiting for – Not registered for Barclays Online Banking? Register now.
How to Log in to Barclays Online Banking
How would you like to log in? Barclays Bank UK PLC offers 3 options to log in to Online Banking, you can log in to your Barclays Online Banking account using either Membership number, Card number, or Sort code and account number.
Barclays Online Banking Log in
- Visit https://www.barclays.co.uk/.
- Click on “Log in”.
- Select the option (Membership number, Card number, Sort code and account number) that is best good for you to log in to Barclays Online Banking.
- If you select Membership Number as your preferred option, you need your last name (surname) and Membership number (12 digits), for Card Number, you need your last name (surname) and Card number (16 digits) while for Sort Code and Account Number, you need your last name (surname) and Sort Code and Barclays Account Number.
- After selecting your choice, click on “Continue”.
How do I set up my memorable word and passcode in Online Banking for Barclays Bank?
To set up your memorable word and passcode in Barclays Online Banking, you need to have a PINsentry card reader. It doesn’t have to be one from Barclays Bank as your debit card will work with PINsentry devices from other banks too.
But if you don’t have access to a card reader, you can visit Barclays Online Banking and on your homepage select “Manage accounts” from the top menu. Then click on “PINsentry card reader” and choose either “Re-order PINsentry card reader” or “Upgrade to PINsentry”.
If you have a PINsentry card reader, you can set up a memorable word and passcode in Barclays Bank UK PLC Online Banking in four steps:
- Step 1: Log in to Barclays Bank Online Banking using a PINsentry card reader or Mobile PINsentry.
- Step 2: From your homepage, go to the drop-down menu under your name (1) and select “My details”.
- Step 3: Select “Set up my 5-digit passcode and memorable word”.
- Step 4” Enter your details and save them.
Once you’ve successfully set up your memorable word and passcode, you can use these to log in to Barclays Online Banking without your PINsentry card reader or Mobile PINsentry.
Also, note that some features are only available if you do log in with PINsentry. Such as; changing some of your contact details, making payments to people for the first time, seeing balances, making payments and sharing your data through third-party apps or websites.
If you log in with your memorable word and passcode, you’ll be able to do the followings:
- See your Barclays account balances
- Transfer money between your accounts with Barclays Bank.
- Make payments to people and companies you’ve paid before in Online Banking.
- Also, make first-time payments to organisations appearing on our pre-approved list.
Frequently asked questions
The following are frequently asked questions about Barclays Bank Plc Online Banking.
How do I login with Mobile PINsentry?
- If you haven’t logged in to the app, tap the “PINsentry” button in the top left-hand corner of the log-in screen.
- If you’re already logged in, tap the menu icon in the top left-hand corner and then select ‘Mobile PINsentry’ from the list.
- Once you’re on the Mobile PINsentry page, select ‘Identify’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
What does error code 6 mean?
If you’re having problems logging in to Barclays Online Banking, you may need to clear your internet browser’s cache or update the browser.
Find below guide to clearing the cache for the most commonly used web browsers. You can also find the information in your browser’s ‘help’ section.
For PC users:
- Internet Explorer (IE): Press Ctrl, Shift and Delete together, then select “temporary internet files” and click “delete”.
- Chrome: Press Ctrl, Shift and Delete together. In the “clear browsing data window”, select “cached images and files” only, and then click “clear browsing data”.
- Firefox: Press Ctrl, Shift and Delete together, then select “clear recent history”, select “cache” only within “details”, then click “clear now”.
- Safari: Press Ctrl, Alt and the letter E together, then select “empty”.
For Mac users:
- Chrome – Cmd, Shift and the letter R together.
- Firefox – Cmd, Shift and the letter R together.
- Safari – Cmd, Alt button and the letter E together.
- To update your browser, please check your browser’s help section.
If logging to Barclays Bank Online Banking, Is saving my details safe?
If you tick the “remember me” box, your details will only be retained on the device you’re using at the time. That’s why Barclays Bank UK Plc don’t recommend you do so on any public or shared devices.
This means you don’t need to worry about anyone else seeing the details. Even if they do, there isn’t enough information there for anyone to access your Barclays accounts in Online Banking or any other way.
If you want to save your details, you need to make sure you’ve switched cookies on for your browser – that’s how the information is stored.
Hope you find the information on this page helpful? Do let us know in the comment box below and share to help others.