The iPhone was launched on September 07, 2016, and was made available on September 16, 2016. The iPhone and the iPhone 7 Plus are no longer sold directly by the Apple Company, but these phones remain one of the cheapest iPhones around with good features and specs.
The iPhone 7 comes with all the modern features of iOS 14. The phone is a good starting point for people who want to buy a cheap iPhone in the market with good features. The price of the iPhone is often discounted during deals seasons such as Black Fridays and Cyber Monday.
iPhone 7 is even sold at a cheaper rate towards the end of the year. When the iPhone 7 was first launched it wasn’t really different from what we had in the iPhone 6S, the phone looked more like an upgrade of the iPhone 6S and not a new phone.
The iPhone 7 actually offers a lot of advanced and amazing features like a brighter and more colorful screen, waterproof, dual speaker, and a boosted 12MP camera. Apple also changed the home button from one that is clickable to one that simply responds to pressure.
It has an internal storage which was increased to 256GB, a headphone jack was missing from the phone as it was not included. Those features looked strange back then but the phone only paved way for more phone coming from apple like the iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: A Guide On How To Detect Original iPhones And Fake iPhones.
Note, iPhone 7 comes in the following Models/versions; A1660, A1778, A1779, A1780, A1853, A1866. The model A1778 is for the Global market, model A1660 for USA & China, A1780 for China alone while model A1779 for Japan.Very Important to Note
iPhone 7 Pricing and availability
- iPhone 7 (32GB): $360
- iPhone 7 (128GB): $400
The iPhone 7 price starts from $360 for the 32GB internal storage model, there was a drop in the price after the arrival of the iPhone XS, XS Max, and the XR. If you will like more internal storage space, the 128GB model goes for $400.
Apple once produced the 256GB model of the iPhone 7 but they don’t produce it again, so you are unlikely to find the phone in circulation.
The Apple company has stopped the production of iPhone SE and iPhone 6S, this makes the iPhone 7 the cheapest phone the company produces. It is still being widely available from apple and retailer’s shops.
- Water resistant
- Removal of the headphone jack.
- New dual speaker
The 2 big design changes in the iPhone 7 are the most talked about feature of the phone. iPhone 7 can now survive falling into the water, thanks to the water-resistant feature that the iPhone has. Also, the headphone jack at the bottom of the phone is no longer there.
Let’s talk about the biggest change in the iPhone 7 which is the removal of the headphone jack. This really shook the headphone industry. The change was called the courageous move during its launching on September 07, 2016. The change of the headphone jack had different effects on people.
Some people don’t really bother about the change as there is still an option for them to use the AirPods. And to some they find it displeasing to have to use a white dongle to connect their headphone.
The iPhone 7 comes in a variety of colors, but the popular Space Gray color wasn’t included. The colors available are gold, rose gold, silver, black, jet black, or red. Currently, Apple only sells black, silver, gold, and rose gold.
The new dual speakers, which fires out of the earpiece and the bottom of the phone needed somewhere to go. This explains why the iPhone 7 is 7.1mm thick.
Where to buy iPhone 7
Konga Nigeria – See Offers
iPhone 7 Design/Body Specifications
- Dimensions: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
- Weight: 138 g (4.87 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass), aluminum back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Others: IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins) Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
The main change in the screen section of the iPhone 7 is the brightness and color. It has a 4.7 touch screen display with a resolution of 1334 x 750.
However, in day to day use of the phone, you won’t detect much things wrong with the phone, as even the HD resolution on offer, you still have a good amount of pixels so internet browsing and movie watching is still clean, clear and crisp enough.
- 25% brightness boost and more colors are hard to spot
- Sharpness is still far lower than competitors
- Increased contrast ratio
- 3D Touch display & home button
- Wide color gamut
- Type: Retina IPS LCD, 625 nits (typ)
- Size: 4.7 inches, 60.9 cm2 (~65.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
Platform, iOS and performance Specs
- New A10 Fusion processor offers huge, industry leading performance
- OS: iOS 10.0.1, iOS 12 and upgradable to iOS 14.2
- Chipset: Apple A10 Fusion (16 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 2.34 GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)
- GPU: PowerVR Series7XT Plus (six-core graphics)
The iPhone 7 comes with the A10 Fusion chip, once again the biggest and shiniest chip Apple has ever put in a phone (until the A11 Bionic arrived in the iPhone 8 and the rest). It is a quad core, with 2 of the cores used for the high powered stuff and the other 2 for the tasks that don’t need full power.
The reason for this is to make the phone last longer. The speed of the iphone 7 is also incredible, there is little you can throw at the phone that it can’t handle, be it quick photo adjustment in Adobe Photoshop, or heavier video processing.
Talking about musical performance of the iPhone 7, it is really superb. It is very difficult to choose between apple music and Spotify, this is because both platform offer clean visuals.
Gaming too is amazingly strong on the iphone 7, this is assisted by the A10 chipset. You can play more visually impressive games on the phone.
iOS 10, iOS 11 and iOS 12
The new iPhones is always the poster child for the new version of any operating system, and the iPhone 7 is not an exception. Apple’s iOS 10 was one of the best platforms the company had ever produced, this was first replaced by the iOS 11 and then by the iOS 12.
With the iPhone 7, getting the latest iOS 12 software, it ensures the handset remains relevant more than 2 years since its launch. The lock screen has been an overhaul. It is also a raise to wake enabled, so whenever you pick up the phone, it lights up immediately. The iphone 7 also came with a much faster Touch ID.
Shopping iPhone 7 Online
Konga Nigeria – See Offers
- Battery life is improved, but not really enough
- Charges fairly quickly from dead, but topping up can be harder.
- Improved performance when watching video.
- 1,960 mAh battery life.
iPhone 7 battery Specifications
- Type: Li-Ion 1960 mAh, non-removable (7.45 Wh)
- Talk time: Up to 14 h (3G)
- Music play: Up to 40 h
The iPhone 7 has a rear camera of 12MP lens, an improved f/1.8 aperture sensor for better lower light photos, an enhanced ability to gather color and light into the lens, and a dedicated image processing chip to speed things along when taking multiple snaps. The front camera is a 7MP camera that has been improved for selfies.
Below are the iPhone 7 camera features and specifications
- New color capture does work well
- Low light performance now excellent
- 12MP resolution is still perfectly fine for smartphones snaps.
iPhone 7 Camera Specifications
Below are Specs for the iPhone 7 main and selfie camera specifications:
Main Camera Specs
- Single: 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/3″, PDAF, OIS
- Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
Selfie Camera Specs
- Single: 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
- Features: Face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- iphone 7 has other specifications which includes:
- Supported Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- Card slot: No
- Internal: 32GB 2GB RAM, 128GB 2GB RAM, and 256GB 2GB RAM
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
Communications (COMMS) Specs
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
Where to buy iPhone 7
Konga Nigeria – See Offers
iPhone 7 features the following Sensors:
- Fingerprint (front-mounted)
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
More on iphone 7 Specifications
- Colors: Jet Black, Black, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, Red
- Models: A1660, A1778, A1779, A1780, A1853, A1866
- SAR: 1.19 W/kg (head) 1.19 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU: 1.38 W/kg (head) 1.34 W/kg (body)
- Performance: Basemark OS II 2.0: 3416
- Display: Contrast ratio: 1603:1 (nominal), 3.964 (sunlight)
- Camera: Photo / Video
- Loudspeaker: Voice 67dB / Noise 73dB / Ring 75dB
- Audio quality: Noise -92.4dB / Crosstalk -80.9dB
- Battery life: Endurance rating of about 61h
See the Good Stuff about iphone 7 below
- Water resistance
- Improved cameras
- Better battery life
- Great display
- Taptic engine feedback is neat
- Dual camera zoom on the 7 Plus is great
See the Bad Stuff about iphone 7 below
- Lack of headphone jack is inconvenient
- Jet Black model scratches easily
- Looks just like an iPhone 6 in a case
- Wireless audio ecosystem is immature
- iPhone 7 Plus design feels big compared to competition
- Other iPhone 7 Plus dual camera features haven’t shipped yet
Contain here is all the necessary information you needed to know about the iPhone 7. This info gives you an overall insight about iPhone 7 and its properties like price, features, specs, good, bad, and other information you may wish to know regarding the iPhone 7.
Get in touch with us if there’s any question you want us to help you with about the iPhone 7. We’ll be glad to reply to you as soon as possible.