Getting the GTB Dispense Error when you visit the ATM standpoint, POS terminal, a Merchant website, or others to get cash/pay online using your GTB account is frustrating.
There was a time I got a GTB dispense error when trying to transfer money via my GTB mobile banking app, so, I can tell how you feel right now. To me, that was a bad experience but don’t worry I will help you out with this.
How to resolve GT Bank dispense error and get your reversal immediately within the interval of 24 hours is pretty easy. In this article, I will be showing you how to log GTB dispense errors with or without visiting any GTB branch near you.
So, are you looking for how do I log a GTB dispense error? Here’s how to get started.
What is GTB Dispense Error?
To Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, it is an error that occurs when your GTB account is debited for a transaction and value is not received. This can be either of the following:
- The ATM does not dispense cash, but the actual amount inputted has been debited from your GT Bank account.
- When your transaction fails at the time of POS/Web payment, and your GTB account gets debited for the same amount.
Asking what do I need to do to resolve a GT Bank Dispense Error? The following steps below are how to solve GTBank Dispense Error.
How to Resolve GTBank Dispense Error
Are you been debited for a failed transaction? Here’s how to get your money back! First, confirm that the transaction was not reversed after the interval of 24 hours, if confirmed, then report the dispense error using any of the following options outlined below:
How to log GTB ATM Dispense Error Complaints using GTB Internet banking
With the GTB internet banking platform, you can easily report a dispensing error and get your reversal within 24 hours or 2 – 4 working days.
To get started, here’s how to log complaints about dispense errors using GTB internet banking:
- Log on to GTB internet banking portal with your User ID and Password.
- Click “Cards”.
- Click “Dispense Error”.
- Select the GTB account and the channel on which dispense transaction occurred (such as ATM, Local POS or Local WEB as the case may be).
- Ensure you complete the displayed form with details of unsuccessful transaction (dispense error).
- Provide answer to your GTB internet banking secret question.
- Click “Continue”.
- Lastly, click “Submit”.
You’re done; please wait for 24 hours or more to get your money reversed back into your account.
How to log dispense error GTBank App
GTB mobile app (GTWorld) is a mobile banking application that enables you to do all sorts of transactions, finding and help to get you banking of the go. Logging dispense error is never left behind.
Using the GTWorld app, you can get your dispense error resolved easily. To get started, see the steps below:
- Log on to GTWorld.
- Swipe left to the second page.
- Select Card.
- Next, select Dispense Error.
- Select Card details.
- Enter of transaction.
- Select transaction type.
- Lastly, Submit.
How to Report GT Bank Dispense Error Online via Dispense Error Logger
Dispense Error Logger is an online application that is designed to enable GTB account holders to log dispense errors using their NUBAN (i.e 10-digit account number).
To get started, click here to Report a Dispense Error. If opened, ensure you fill in the following details:
- Customer NUBAN (your 10 digit GTB account number).
- Last 6 Digits of Card.
- Enter Start Date.
- Enter End Date.
- Lastly, click “View Transactions”.
How to resolve GTB Dispense Error on ATM
To get your GTBank dispense error to solve via ATM machine, do the following:
- On the ATM machine, insert your GTBank ATM card.
- Enter your card PIN.
- Select more services.
- Next, select log a dispense error.
- Select your GTB account type (current/savings).
- Here, the details of your last 5 transactions will be displayed.
- Input the STAN (i.e 6 digit) of the transaction.
- Lastly, click on proceed.
Resolve Dispense Error Through GTConnect
GTConnect gives you the access to speak with any available GTB customer service representative to get your dispense error resolved.
To get started, simply dial +2348039003900, +2348029002900, and press option 1 to use the GTBank IVT self-service then, following the prompts will get done. Upon authentication, an agent will ascertain the terminal on which dispense error occurred.
How to log GTB Dispense Error via Email
If a dispensing error occurred on other bank’s or international bank’s terminals, customers are to send the “Dispense Error” form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get started, you’ll need the following:
- A smartphone or PC.
- Internet connect.
- And an active email address if possible the one linked with your GTB account.
Here’s how to contact GTConnect about Dispense Error.
If you’ve successfully logged in to email, follow the format below and write to GTBank Plc about Error Dispense:
Subject: ATM dispense error at GTBannk (Please make sure you state the channel where the error dispense occurs. E.g ATM, POS, or Web etc). You can see I make use “ATM”.
Body: In the body section, write the complaints as indicated below:
I had a ATM dispense error at Dei-Dei International Building Material Market, FCT Abuja. I received a debit alert but the payment wasn’t successful. The dispense error occurred today, October 1, 2021 at 2:58pm.
My account number is 1234567890, and he amount debited from my account is N10,000. Kindly help me resolve this error. Thanks for the anticipated rectification.
Please, make sure you keep your writing simple, brief, and straight to the point. From the above mail, we can detach some key information you need to reveal.
In no situation should you reveal your PIN, CV2, or any information on your internet banking, ATM, or mobile banking.
Using the example above, the following information is to be disclosed to get the Web dispense error resolve;
- The ATM terminal location.
- The date and time.
- Your GTB account number.
- Lastly, the amount been debited from your account.
Wait patiently for you’ll receive a reply from GTConnect with a reference number attached to your complaint. This might take 1 – 2 working days for them to rectify the error and get your money refund to your account.
But if you experienced this error while using the ATM terminal of a different bank, due to the variance in communication channels, it may take up to 7 working days to get your reversal complete and money will be sent to your account.
Get Dispense Error Fixed Through GTbank USSD code
Customers can also make use of the GTB USSD code to report dispense error. To get started, simply dial *737*52*Your GTB Account Number*5# and follow the on-screen prompted to complete.
Here’s the GTBank reversal code *737*52*Account Number*5#.
Solve Dispense Error through a GTBank Branch
Go to the GTB branch to solve ATM, POS, or Web dispenser error seems to be one of the best convenient ways to report any dispense error that occur on the customer’s bank account.
The biggest challenge here is that it will take up to 14 days or more to get this fix by the customer service representative or doing it yourself using any of the above-mentioned that might take 24 hours or 3 – 5 working days.
To get started in resolving GTB dispense error via bank branch, do the following:
- Visit any GTB branch near you.
- Go to the Customer service desk.
- Complaint to him/her regarding the dispense issues.
- You’ll be given GTB dispense error form to fill.
- Ensure you fill out the dispense error complaint form correctly and submit.
- Wait for the GTB customer service representative log your dispense complaints and give you a feedback on when reversal should be made.
Note that getting your money back using this medium might take 7 – 14 working days (i.e approximately 2 weeks).
How long does it take to get my reversal from GTB after I log dispense error complaints?
When you’ve successfully log GTB dispense error complaints, it will take the following hours/days to get your money reversed into your GTB account.
- For Local ATM dispense errors that occurred on GTBank terminal, funds are reversed within 24 hours.
- Local ATM dispense errors that occurred on other bank’s terminal, funds are reversed by GTB between 5 – 8 days.
- For international dispense errors, GTB resolved this in 45 days.
In this post, we’ve been able to resolve issues on GTB dispense error whether on ATM, POS, or Web any of the above mentioned can help.
Among all, the best remain GTConnect either by email or direct call via GTConnect IVT self-service.