Are you looking for how to fix Google Play app download issues? If you can’t download on Play Store, or you are unable to install app on Play Store, I will advise you to pay close attention. I will be sharing here with you how I do fix Google Play store downloading, installation, and updating problems.
Am troubled when trying to update an app on the Google Play Store and it isn’t working. At first, I thought I ran out of data or the data bundle on my device is low, so I buy an additional data bundle to top it up but still, I can’t install apps on Play Store then started researching why apps are not installing on Google Play Store?
So, if find some useful sources which am going to share with you today.
Those with problems downloading and installing the application from Play Store must clear the cache and data of the Play Store app. If that does not work, uninstall the updates.
If it still does not work, turn off your SD card by going to Settings > Memory / Storage. Then, return to the Play Store and try to install or download the app again.
Listed below are ways to get Google Play Store always download apps, try the steps below. After each step, try to download an app again to check if it fixed the problem.
To go further, see the listed options that might cause Google Play Store unable to download, install, and update apps on your device, check the next steps.
List of factors responsible for Google Play Store can’t install apps, download apps, or update apps:
- Close & reopen the Play Store.
- Uninstall & reinstall Play Store updates.
- Restart your device.
- Clear cache & data from Google Play Services.
- Remove & re-add your Google Account.
- Clear the cache & data of the Play Store.
- Clear cache & data from Download Manager.
Before I explain the abov- listed ways why Play Store can’t install apps, download apps, and update apps, let’s look into why can’t I install apps on Play Store.
Why can’t I install apps on Play Store?
If you can’t install apps on Play Store, please try the steps below to fix problems with Google Play. They may help if:
- You can’t download or install apps or games from the Google Play Store.
- You can’t download music, TV shows, movies, or other content online from Google Play.
- Google Play Store app won’t open or load, or crashes after it opens.
- Downloads and app updates get stuck and won’t finish updating.
Basic troubleshooting steps if Play Store refused get app to download, installed and update
- Check that you have a strong Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
- Check your storage space.
- Check for Android system updates.
How to fix problems downloading apps from the Play Store
Looking for how do I fix the Google Play store problem? After reading this section, you’ll be able to get it fixed yourself. So, if you’ve problem downloading, installing, or updating app on Google Play Store, the following will help you in getting it fixed:
How to fix Google Play app download issues
If apps are not installing from Play Store, here’s what to do:
Step 1: Check that you have a strong internet connection
Whichever you’re using, either Wi-Fi or mobile data connection, ensure you have a strong internet connection. It’s preferable if you have access to a Wi-Fi network. But if you don’t have Wi-Fi, make sure you have a reliable mobile data connection. Then retry your download.
If the internet connection on your device is good, try the next steps below.
Step 2: Restart your device
If you see that your internet connection is excellent and you can’t still download or install or update app on Google Play Store, try restart your device.
To restart your Android or iOS device, see steps below:
- Press and hold the Power button until the menu pops up.
- Tap Power off or Restart if that is an option.
- If needed, press and hold the Power button until your device turns ON again.
Clearing the Google Play Store cache & data are the final thought. This gives the Google Play app a fresh start and can help fix issues like; why can’t I download apps I can’t install apps on Play Store, can’t update apps Play store? Or Why apps are not installing?
Step 3: Clear the cache & data of the Play Store
Recently, I try the above 2 steps but clearing the cache & data of the Play Store was the one that work for me when am unable to download, install, or update my app on Google Play Store:
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Click See all apps (this will give you the total number of app you have e.g “See all 69 app”).
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Store.
- Tap Storage.
- Clear Cache, Clear Storage or Clear data.
- Close and re-open the Play Store & try your download again.
What can cause App not to download on my phone?
If your device is low on space, it can stop apps from downloading, installing, and updating. Therefore, your device may be low on space if:
- You get a notification about storage space.
- There’s less than 1 GB available on your device.
- To get help with storage space on Android, go to Free up space.
Can Android Update Stop app from Downloading on Play Store?
Yes, if your device runs Android 2.2 or below, Google Play may not work properly. To resolve this issue, contact your device manufacturer for help. Or try running an update following the steps below:
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to Settings.
- Tap System and then Advanced and then System update.
- Your update status appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download or install updates.
Does Wi-Fi or mobile data connection affects download on Google Play Store?
Poor connection to Wi-Fi or mobile data affects download, after you check your internet connection, try your download again.
To get more help with connection problems, Read our guide on how to fix internet connection problems on Android devices.
Other ways to troubleshoot app downloading issues on Play Store
Can’t download apps from Play Store, this is the troubleshoot problems with only one app, try these steps if you have problems when you try to download a specific app.
First, check if the app is available for your device, and secondly uninstall & reinstall the app.
Check if the app is available for your device
To check if the app is available for your device, follow the steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Find and tap the app you want to download.
- On the app’s page, it says whether the app is available for your device.
- If it’s not available, you can’t download it.
Uninstall & reinstall the app
To uninstall & reinstall the app, do this:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the Profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & device and then Manage.
- Tap the name of the app you want to delete and then Uninstall.
- To reinstall it, tap Install or Enable.
Which is the problem you face today; why I can’t install apps on Play Store, can’t download apps from Play Store, why I am unable to update apps from play store. Hope this post contains the troubleshooting guide on each. If yes, share to help others also.