ABNGNGLA is the Access Bank Swift code.
Access Bank SWIFT code sometimes also called Access Bank SWIFT number is a standard format for Business Identifier Codes (BIC). Banks and financial institutions around the globe use them to identify themselves globally.
The ACCESS BANK PLC BIC / Swift code says who and where they are a sort of international bank code or ID. This page contains the ACCESS BANK PLC BIC / Swift code details.
These ACCESS BANK PLC BIC codes are used when transferring money between banks, particularly for international money transfers or SEPA payments. Access Bank also uses these codes to exchange messages between other banks globally.
The address of the ACCESS BANK PLC BIC or Swift code is ACCESS BANK PLC, 999C DANMOLE STREET, OFF IDEJO STRE, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS, Nigeria.
If you asked how do I find my Access Bank Swift Code? How do I get SWIFT code for Access bank? Whatever way you ask it, as far it regards Access SWIFT CODE, you’re on the right page. Here, you’ll learn everything about the Access Bank Plc Swift Code.
Do you also ask for the list of all Access Bank Swift Code in Nigeria? The Access Bank SWIFT Code mentioned here is for all branches in Nigeria.
Also Read: How To Find All Nigerian Banks Swift Code.
What is Access Bank Nigeria Swift Code
Access Bank Nigeria Swift Code is ABNGNGLA.
Access Bank Swift Code is a unique identification code that specified the country where the Access Bank Plc account is held. The swift code for access bank helps you when transferring or receiving money overseas.
This is to say the Access swift code is a banking system that is internationally accepted as a means of identifying individual banks. Swift code for Access bank Plc can also be called ACCESS BANK IDENTIFIER CODE (BIC).
It is used to send/receive money between banks, especially to overseas banks by commercial banks. The Access Bank Swift Code for international transfer is ABNGNGLA or ABNGNGLAXXX, it is usually made of 8 – 11 characters consisting of letters and numbers.
Below is the breakdown of the swift BIC code for Access Bank Nigeria.
Access Swift Code Breakdown
SWIFT Code ABNGNGLA Breakdown
- Access Bank SWIFT Code: ABNGNGLA or ABNGNGLAXXX.
- Bank Code: ABNG (code assigned to ACCESS BANK PLC).
- Country Code: NG (code belongs to Nigeria).
- Location Code: LA (code represents the institution location).
- Code Status: A (“A” means active code).
- Branch Code: Not assigned or XXX (code indicates this is a head office).
From the above swift code for Access Bank Nigeria, when you have an 8-digit-code given, it is referring to the primary Access Bank office. The breakdown also shows that the codes are divided into the following categories:
- 4 characters which is the bank code “ABNG”.
- 2 characters ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code “NG”.
- 2 characters location code “LA”.
- Last, 3 characters branch code “XXX” (this is optional). If added “XXX” to the Access swift code, it stands for the primary office address.
ACCESS BANK PLC SWIFT Code Details
The table shows the Access Bank Plc Swift Code details:
|Access Bank Swift code (8 characters)||ABNGNGLA|
|Branch Name||ACCESS BANK PLC|
|Branch Address||999C DANMOLE STREET, OFF IDEJO STRE, VICTORIA ISLAND|
|Bank Name||ACCESS BANK PLC|
Uses of Access Bank Nigeria Swift Code
- You can use Swift Code for Access Bank Plc to receive money abroad.
- Access Bank Plc swift code can be used to transfer money to overseas banks.
- With the Access Bank Plc Swift Code, Organizations/individuals can pay from other countries into your local bank account here in Nigeria.
- The Access Bank Plc Nigeria (NG) Swift codes are provided by International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Access Bank Plc branches that take part in overseas fund transfers are identified by the Access swift code.
- Access Bank SWIFT Codes are also used when you want to transfer money to other commercial banks, particularly for international wire transfers.
- Swift code for Access Bank Nigeria is also used for the exchange of other messages with other banks.
Swift code has a unique code for every Access Bank Plc branch in Nigeria but the general Swift code for Access Bank Plc is the Lagos branch ABNGNGLA. If you’re interested in receiving a bank wire transfer from a foreign destination into your Access bank account, then you need to know the Access bank swift BIC.
You can sometimes find the Access Bank Swift code on account statements. As an ACCESS BANK account holder, you cannot do overseas funds transfers without the SWIFT Code of Access Bank Plc.
In a nutshell, Access Bank swift code is the lifeblood of international money transfer. So, if you need to get the swift code for your Access Bank account, please visit the bank branch to get it from the bank or you could just google search it online.