Are you one of the AEDC prepaid meter users, looking for ways to purchase AEDC token either online or offline; your search ends right now? Here we’re going to work you through the steps on how to get your AEDC prepaid meter token using the online or offline process anywhere, and anytime.
Let’s get started!
AEDC which is an acronym for Abuja Electricity Distribution Company is one of the 11 electricity distribution companies that are licensed to market electricity to the North-central part of Nigeria.
They mainly have their activities in FCT and three other Nigerian states (Niger, Kogi, and Nassarawa). To be able to use AEDC prepaid meter, you need to have your AEDC token which you would have to key into your prepaid meter to be credited before having light.
The below methods are the two ways you can purchase your AEDC Token.
IMPORTANT: See the different method on How To Recharge AEDC Prepaid Meter Online.
How to Purchase AEDC Token
The two major ways of purchasing your AEDC token are through:
- Smart card code
- Online using a smart device
Generating AEDC Token Using Smart Card Code
This method involves the use of your AEDC smart meter card that comes with your prepaid meter. This is about visiting the business centers or discos in your areas to buy your token. You need to get there always with your smart meter card to buy your AEDC token.
This process is an offline ways of generating AEDC meter token.
- So go to any disco office that is nearest to you with your AEDC smart meter card (this card has in it your meter number)
- Give your AEDC smart card to the team there
- Buy the credit units you want
- You have bought your token; you would be given a slip with the generated token on it (a 20-digit code)
- Key in the token (20-digit numbers) into your meter using the UIU keyboard
- If it was correctly inputted you would get the Accept word displayed on your AEDC LCD screen, but if not you would get the reject word. So you need to repeat the process in case you had missed a thing while keying in the numbers.
Purchase AEDC Token Online using a Smart Device
This is like the easier, faster and more convenient way of buying your AEDC token. When once you have an internet-enabled device, then you are almost there.
So you would not need to leave your current location like with the first method. Just login to nepa.ng and get going.
See steps below:
- Visit www.nepa,ng
- Click on Abuja electricity distribution company (AEDC) from the different discos listed on the platform, then input the following details; your meter number, phone number, email, and amount of electric units, and hit the submit button.
- Review now, then go ahead to confirm your summary. Choose your mode of payment either through your credit card (ATM) or bank transfer. Then enter your details appropriately
- Your payment will be accepted by the system and you would be taken to the last page. This is where you would confirm your order. With this, your AEDC token will either be sent to your phone number or email
- You would need at this point to input your token into your AEDC prepaid meter to get your meter credited with it.
Here you have the simple ways by which you can purchase your AEDC token online or offline. So whichever you believe will serve you better, it is your choice to go for it.
The bottom-line is that at the end of the day, you would have purchased your AEDC token.
- How To Apply For AEDC Prepaid Meter
- How To Purchase EKEDC Token Online And Offline
- Frequently Asked Questions on PHCN prepaid Meter
- A Complete Review On Conlog Electric Prepaid Meter
- Complete Review On PHCN Prepaid Meter
- The PHCN Prepaid Meter Cheat: How to Make Prepaid Meter Read Slowly
- A Complete Review On PHED Prepaid Meter
- Prepaid Meter Activation, Troubleshooting Codes & Token Loading
- Conlog Prepaid Meter Activation and Related Issues
- How To Apply For The IBEDC Prepaid Meter
- The Main Source Of Electricity In Nigeria
- Ways To Recharge PHCN Prepaid Meter and Check Balance
- Ways To Purchase AEDC Token Online or Offline
- How To Recharge AEDC Prepaid Meter Online