Here, we have a complete list of all Nigerian banks transfer code. In Nigeria, transfer code varies from bank to bank.
Banking transactions have been easier and much more convenient for customers all thanks to the USSD bank transfer system as you no longer need smartphones in carrying out bank transactions.
The bank transfer code is available in every bank and also everyone that owns an account in any bank. This means that if you are using Zenith bank, you are fully entitled to use their transfer code system for easier mobile banking.
It does not matter whether you are a saving account holder or a current account holder, you are completely entitled to the use of the bank transfer code system of the bank you own an account in and it is easy to use.
Before we move further into this article, I would like to explain what a bank USSD transfer code is all about
What is a Bank Transfer Code
Bank USSD code also known as Bank transfer code is a fast, secured and very convenient way to access your bank account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via your mobile device without an internet connection.
It is very exciting to know that you do not need to wait in line at any bank branch just to complete a bank transaction when you have the USSD code system which has made transactions very convenient for customers of the various banks.
It is a system where customers of the prospective banks can easily dial the USSD code and complete all banking transactions. We have to understand that be it bank transfer code, USSD banking, USSD mobile money transfer code, they are the same thing.
Below is a full list of all the Nigerian banks USSD code and also the method of applying them when making any payment
List of All Bank USSD Transfer code For Mobile Banking in Nigeria
Here is a complete list of all Nigeria banks transfer code for mobile transaction
|Stanbic IBTC Bank||*909#|
GTBank USSD Code
GTBank is one of the best banks in Nigeria and also has its USSD transfer code which is *737#. To perform transactions using GTBank transfer code, Certains methods or commands must be followed.
See below for all GTBank transter code when using its USSD transfer code for any transactions:
- To open an account with GTBank using USSD code, dial *737*0#
- To reactivate your account with GTBank, dial *737*11#
- To fund transfer to GTBank, dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#
- To fund transfer to other banks from GTBank, dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#
- Airtime top-up for yourself using your GTBank account, dial *737*amount#
- Airtime top-up for a friend from your GTBank account, dial *737*Amount* recipients number#
- Data top-up using GTBank, press *737*4# on you mobile phone
- Check bank balance on your GTBank account, dial *737*6*1# and follow the on-screen prompt
- Check BVN number on GTBank platform, enter *737*6*1# and follow the on-screen prompt
- To make Inquiries from GTBank, dial *737*6#
READ MORE ON: Review On GTBank Internet Banking.
Access Bank USSD Banking Code
Access bank official USSD code is *901# and can be used to complete different transactions without going to the bank
- Airtime top-up for yourself on Access Bank using USSD code, dial *901*amount#
- Airtime top-up for a friend using Access Bank USSD code, enter *737*Amount* phone number#
- Data purchase: *901*8#
- Balance enquiry: *901*5#
- To fund transfer to Access Bank: *901*1*Amount*Account Number#
- To fund transfer to other banks: *901*2*Amount*Account Number#
- Merchant payment: *901*3*Amount*Merchant code#
- Bill payment: *901*3#
- OTP generation: *901*4*1#
Note: Diamond Bank is now known as Diamond Access but you can still make use of the Diamond Bank USSD transfer code as *426# to carry-out your transactions anytime, anywhere without internet connection.
Hence this code is dialled; the option for performing your transaction using Access Bank or Diamond Bank account will be indicated, you’re required to select from which account you wish to perform transaction with and follow on-screen prompt.
First Bank USSD Transfer Code
Even without an internet connection, you can complete different transactions by using the First bank transfer code which is *894#. See below on how to make use of the first bank transfer code:
- To register: *894*0#
- To recharge airtime: *894*Amount#
- To recharge airtime for others: *894*Amount*phone number#
- To transfer: *894*Amount*Account number#
- To check Airtime: *894*00#
- Mini-statement: *894*Account number#
READ MORE ON: Guide On First Bank Internet Banking
Zenith Bank USSD code
Zenith Bank USSD code for transfer is *966# and you can easily make transactions without having to go to the Zenith bank plc.
- To open account: *966*0#
- Check account balance: *966*00#
- To top-up your airtime: *966*Amount* mobile number#
- To transfer funds: *966*Amount*Account number# then follow the 0n-screen prompt
- To update your BVN: *966*BVN#
- To reset PIN: *966*60#
- To deactivate mobile banking: *966*20*0#
- To pay DSTV and PHCN: *966*7*Amount*Customer ID#
- To pay other Zenith billers: *966*6*Biller code*Amount#
Fidelity USSD code for transfer
Fidelity calls the USSD code transfer system instant banking which suits the mode of service. Its USSD transfer code is *770# and can be used to complete various transactions even without visiting any Fidelity bank branch.
- To recharge airtime (self): *770*Amount#
- To recharge airtime for others: *770*phone number*Amount#
- To transfer funds: *770*Account number*Amount#
Sterling USSD Transfer code
For Sterling bank, the transfer code is *822# which can also be used to complete different banking transactions. To get started with the system, you dial the USSD code and you follow the prompt instructions.
- To recharge airtime (self): *822*Amount#
- To buy airtime for others: *822*Amount* phone number#
- Transfer within Sterling bank: *822*4*Amount*NUBAN#
- Transfer to other banks: *822*5*Amount*Account number#
- Check account balance: *822*6#
- Check account number: *822*8#
- Open a Account; *822*7#
- To reset PIN: *822*9#
Polaris (Also known to be Skye) USSD Transfer code
The Polaris bank transfer code is *833# and it is also known as Smart code. For you to be eligible to use the Polaris transfer code system, you must register by dialling the following code and follow the onscreen prompt.
- To open an account: *833*1#
- To pay bills: *833*2#
- To transfer funds: *833*3#
- To check account balance: *833*6#
- To pay with MasterPass: *833*7#
- To buy airtime for yourself: *833*Amount#
- To buy airtime for others: *833*Amount*phone number#
- To transfer funds: *833*Amount*Account number#
FCMB USSD bank Transfer code
The recognised FCMB USSD code is *329# and can be used to complete a lot of banking transactions from the comfort of your home.
- To check account balance: *329*00#
- To transfer funds: *329*Amount*Account number#
- To reset PIN: *329*0#
- To recharge airtime (Self): *329*Amount#
- To recharge airtime for others: *329*Amount*phone number#
- To pay for DSTV or GOTV subscription: *329*2*Smartcard number#
Wema Bank Transfer code
The official USSD transfer code for Wema bank is *945# and can be used to complete so many transactions without visiting any Wema bank branch anywhere.
- To buy airtime: *945*phone number*Amount#
- To change PIN: *945*00#
- Balance enquiry: *945*0#
- To open an account: *945*1# and follow the prompt instructions on your screen
- To transfer money: *945*Beneficiary account number*Amount#
- Account reactivation: *945*5#
How To use USSD codes to perform Bank Transactions
- Input the bank’s USSD transfer code into your phone’s dial-pad and tap the call button
- Follow the instructions displayed on your phone’s screen
- If you are using the Bank’s USSD code for the first time, you will be asked to set up a PIN which you use to verify transactions. By default, this PIN is the last 4-6 digits of your ATM card.
So that is basically it in regards to using the USSD code in performing bank transactions.
But you should also note that to use the USSD code of any Nigerian bank, you need to have an active account with that bank, except you are trying to open a new bank account using the USSD code.
Also take note that the phone number you are dialling the USSD code from must be linked with your account in the bank.
I am very sure that by the time you go through this article, you will get a precise understanding of all Nigeria banks transfer code and of course also know your own bank transfer code and note them down when making transaction.
I have also explained how to use the USSD code, so that should not be a challenge for you anymore. After reading this article, you will be able to carry out banking transactions from the comfort of your home, also without the need for an internet connection or visiting any bank branch.
- Review On GTBank Internet Banking
- All Nigerian Banks Transfer Code
- Guide On First Bank Internet Banking