Complete review on 10 Best Solar Inverters – This is the 21st Century and many countries are still far from celebrating a month of constant light supply especially in Nigeria. But there are many homes in Nigeria that can celebrate several months and years of constant light.
They can celebrate this because they have bought the best solar inverters in Nigeria. The use of Solar power is the new trend in Nigeria now as many homes have moved away from using generators. Let me remind you of what solar inverters are.
An inverter is an electronic device that has the ability to convert DC to AC. When you have power stored in your batteries, you can use it to power your appliances at home and in any other place.
I’m sure you are reading this article because you want to buy a new inverter or you want to replace the former one.
This list contains the 10 best solar inverters, it was compiled by professionals based on the features of the inverter and the customer feedbacks. The features are based on their efficiency, cost, durability, effectiveness, and function.
10 Best Solar Inverters to buy
The following below are the 10 Best Solar Inverters to buy alongside their features, specifications, and price tag. Read through to make your choice:
5KVA/48V 80A MMPT Must Hybrid Inverters
MUST 5kva 48v hybrid inverter with inbuilt Mppt 80A Charge controller, is very rugged, has a maximum charging current of 140amps, it can be parallel. It can power 1unit Air conditioner and other appliances continuously.
This a multi-function inverter or charger, combining the functions of inverter, mppt solar charger and battery charger to offer uninterruptable power supply with a portable size.
It has comprehensive LCD display that offers user configurable and easy accessible button operation such as battery charging current, ac/solar charger power priority. When purchased directly from the company, comes with 1year warranty
Features and Specifications
The 5kva/48v 80A MMPT hybrid inverter has the following features and specs:
- Rated power of 5KVA
- Pure sine wave output
- Smart LCD setting (working mode, charge current, charge voltage etc)
- Built in MMPT 80A solar charge controller
- MPPT efficiency max 90%
- Combining solar system, AC utility and battery power source to supply continuous power.
- Overload, short circuit and deep discharge protection cold start function.
- Wifi or GPRS remote monitoring
- Compatible with Generator
- An average price of 270,000.
The cost price for 5kva/48v 80A MMPT hybrid powered inverter range from ₦270,000 to ₦304,700. See the latest price here.
3KVA/24V 80A MPPT Must Hybrid Inverters
3KVA/24V 80A MPPT Must Hybrid Inverters comes in three models which are PV18-2024 VHM, PV18-3024 VHM and PV18-3048 VHM. This is a multi-function inverter & charger combine.
It offers uninterruptable power supply with a portable size. This inverter has a comprehensive LCD display that offers user configurable and easy accessible button operation such as battery charging current, ac/solar charger power priority and acceptable input voltage based on different application.
The features of 3KVA/24V 80A MPPT Must Hybrid Inverters are shown below:
- Pure sine wave output
- Combining solar system, AC utility, and battery power source.
- Built in 80A solar controller
- Cold start
- Transformer based
- Support USB
- Smart LCD setting (displaying working modes, Charge Current, Charge Voltage, etc).
- Compatible to Generator
- Overload, short circuit and Deep discharge protection
3KVA/24V 80A MPPT Must Hybrid Inverter has the following specs:
- AC input voltage: 230VAC
- Inverter rated power output 2000W – 3000W
- Surge power output 4000W – 6000W
- Nominal Battery System Voltage 24VDC – 48VDC
- Floating Charge Voltage 27VDC – 54VDC
- Overcharge Protection 31VDC – 60VDC
- Machine Dimensions (W*H*D)(mm) 272*355*100 – 297.5*468*125
- Package Dimensions (W*H*D)(mm) 540*395*24 – 638*395*241
- Net Weight (kg) 10, 11 & 13.3 (depending on the model)
- Gross Weight (kg) 11.7, 12, & 16.4
The cost price for purchasing the 5kva/48v 80A MMPT hybrid powered inv3KVA/24V 80A MPPT Must Hybrid Inverters range between ₦135,000 to ₦270,700. For current price, click here.
5KVA/48V Ipower Hybrid Inverter
The ipower plus 5KVA/48V runs on a pure sine wave technology. It is well protected from short circuit and overload complications with tripping off when the battery gets to its threshold. It has an inbuilt solar charger controller that has a cooling system in it. It has heat zin and fans. It is compatible with both generator and mains voltage. It interfaces with the utility electricity in the house to provide power through solar panel. It prevents power outage in the house.
Ipower plus 5KVA/48V Hybrid inverter is featured by the following features:
- Compatible with both generator and main electricity
- Multiple communication USB and SNMP
- Overload and short circuit protection
- Auto restart while AC is recovering
- A perfect alarming system indicator
- Selectable charging current depending on the applications in use
- ipower plus 5KVA/48V hybrid inverter features a smart battery charger that optimizes battery performance
The following specs are made available with the ipower plus 5KVA/48V Hybrid inverter:
- Weight 13.5 kg
- Solar Hybrid Inverter
- 5kVA/48V (4 Batteries)
- 80A Inbuilt MPPT Charge Controller
- PV Array Max: 4000W
- Multiple communications: USB & SNMP
- Rated Power: 5000VA/5000W
- Voltage 230 VAC
- Selectable Voltage Range 170-280 VAC (For Personal Computers); 90-280 VAC (For Home Appliances)
- Frequency Range 50 Hz/60 Hz (Auto sensing)
Average price for buying ipower plus 5KVA/48v hybrid inverter is between ₦240,800 – 275,000.
3.5KVA/48V Yohako Hybrid Inverter
The 3.5KVA/48V Yohako Hybrid Inverter is a pure sine wave AC output inverter system that adaptable to all kinds of loads. It has an electricity mode, energy-saving mode, and battery mode that could be set.
3.5KVA/48V Yohako Hybrid Inverter is an application flexible and is convenient to use. When shutting the inverter down, the output could still charge
3.5KVA/48V Yohako Hybrid Inverter has the following features:
- Double CPU intelligent control technology, performance excellence.
- The power mode, energy saving mode, battery mood can be set up.
- Smart fan control, safe and reliable.
- Wide voltage rang, high precision output automatic voltage function.
- Short circuit protection, automatic protection and alarm
- Intelligent solar controller, overcharge protection, current limiting, multiple protection.
- 3.5KVA/48V Yohako Hybrid Inverter has LCD display that shows real-time operation status.
The 3.5KVA/48V Yohako Hybrid Inverter is build with the following specs:
- KVA of 3.5kva
- Input capacity of 220v/ AC /50hz
- DC Input at 48v / DC / 60a
To know the average price for the 3.5KVA/48V Yohako Hybrid Inverter, this inverter cost between ₦180,000 – ₦250,000.
Mercury 5KVA/24V Spirit Plus Solar Hybrid Inverter
The mercury 5KVA is a pure sine wave standalone hybrid inverter system that combines the functions of inverter, solar and AC charger. It provides a run time uninterrupted power supply for a long period.
The following features are contain in the Mercury 5KVA/24V Spirit Plus Solar Hybrid Inverter:
- High-frequency switching technology, compact size, and lightweight.
- Pure sine wave output for a wide range of applications.
- Built-in solar charger controller with MPPT technology to optimize power utilization.
- Efficient DC to AC conversion maximizing energy loss.
- Standby charging mode enables battery charging when the unit is off.
- Intelligent cooling fan
- LCD display detail status
- Temperature regulator
- Supports both rack and wall mount.
- An effective performance
- A great lasting power
Mercury 5KVA 24V Spirit Plus with 80A MPPT Hybrid Solar Inverter features the following specs in the inverter mode, AC charger mode and solar mode:
Inverter Mode, the following specs are featured;
- Rated power at 5KVA/5.0KW
- DC Input of 48Vdc, 114A
- AC Output of 230Vac, 50/60Hz, 21.7A
In the AC charger mode it features the following specs;
- AC Input: 220 240Vac, 50/60Hz, 31.6A
- DC Output: 54.8Vac, 35A/ 15A
- AC Output: 230Vac, 50/ 60Hz, 21.7A
In the Solar charger mode, the following specs are featured;
- Max Charger Current 80A
- System DC Voltage Range 48Vdc
- Operating Voltage Range: 60 – 150Vdc
- PV Optimal Work Voltage Range : 70 – 145 Vdc
The average price for the Mercury 5KVA 24V Spirit Plus with 80A MPPT Hybrid Solar Inverter is between ₦257,400 – ₦310,000.
Bluegate 10KVA/192V Solar Inverter
The bluegate range of inverters supply stable output power by converting DC power into pure sine wave AC. When input AC supply is interrupted unexpectedly, the bluegate inverter switches automatically to the inverter mode and provide uninterrupted power.
The Bluegate 10KVA/192V Hybrid Solar Inverter uses both energies from the sun, utility company/power, and generator to provide clean energy when the utility power source is down.
This Solar inverter is ideal to power appliances and equipment for homes, offices, industries/ critical infrastructure such as medical equipment, elevators, and more.
To further complement the end-user’s lifestyle of the Bluegate 10KVA/192V Hybrid Solar Inverter, it is interesting to let you know that this Hybrid Solar Inverter is ideal for beach houses, country homes, construction sites, and others that may not be accessible to the power supply from the utility company.
Bluegate 10KVA/192V Hybrid Solar Inverter has the following features:
- High frequency and double conversion online technology
- Wide input range
- LCD display
- Cold Start
- Advanced battery management
- Lightening and power surge protector
- Battery Voltage display
- Load capacity display
- Parallel capacity.
To know more about the specs of Bluegate 10KVA/192V Hybrid Solar Inverter, see below:
- Model No: BGS10000
- Power: 8KW
- Battery Voltage: 192Vdc
- Working mode: PV Priority / AC Priority optional
- Input Voltage range (MPPT voltage range): 192Vdc – 400Vdc
- Panel indicator: LCD + LED Panel Display
- Input voltage range: 165Vac – 275Vac
- Output voltage precision: 220Vac ± 5%
The average cost price for purchasing the Bluegate 10KVA/192V Hybrid Solar Inverter is between ₦543,950 – ₦500,000.
Luminous 850VA/12V Solar Hybrid Inverter
The 850VA Luminous Solar Hybrid inverter is a reliable power back up source for emergency or critical electrical loads in a sudden power outage. The luminous 850VA inverter is useful for residential homes, schools and offices.
See the features of luminous 850VA solar inverter:
- DSP based pure sine wave inverter system
- Auto sense intelligent control smart charger
- Compatible with computers
- Time Delay Relay
- Circuit protection
A complete luminous 850VA solar inverter has the following specs:
- It belong to model SOLAR NXG 850
- Capacity: 850VA
- Voltage (Input): 110-290V
- Max Bulb Load (Output)): 685 Watts
- Maximum Charging Current (battery): 12V
- Gross Weight (Kg.): 9.3
Owning Luminous 850VA/12V Solar Hybrid Inverter, the average price is between ₦55,000 – ₦62,000. For the latest price, Click Here.
Prag 3.5KVA/48V Solar Inverter
The Prag pure sine wave inverter is a highly durable inverter that supplies power back up. It is a source of emergency power outage. It can be used with a computer and peripheral office equipment etc.
It is petrol /diesel dispensing machines, air conditioner, and much more application which require reliable back-up power for its operation. The Prag 3.5kVA/ 48V solar inverter is also useful for Residential Apartments, Shopping Malls, Banks, Corporate Offices, Hospitals, Petrol Pumps, Academic Institutes, Clinical Laboratories, and Hotels, etc
Features and Specifications
The Prag 3.5kVA/48V Inverter has some personal features and specs, namely:
- DSP based pure sine wave inverter system
- Auto Sense Intelligent Control Smart Charger
- Mains Mode Short Circuit Protection
- Fast Changeover ensuring Compatibility with Computers
- TDR (Time Delay Relay), especially for AC compressor based applications.
- Intelligent control
- Generator compatible
The Prag 3.5kVA inverter price in Nigeria is a great deal as its cost ranges from ₦195,000 – ₦210,000. See the current price here.
Luminous 1.5KVA/24V Solar Inverter
The Luminous 1.5KVA/24V solar inverter is a powerful hybrid inverter with a 40Amp in-built charger controller, it uses a minimum of 2 batteries connected in series. It is India’s most intelligent solar system which gives priority to solar power use to save electricity bills.
The solar inverter charges the battery from grid and solar panel both without a charge controller, as charge controller is inbuilt. It can charge the battery and supply solar power to the connected load if the solar generation is sufficient. Otherwise it gives first priority to solar battery charging.
The battery can be charged once and the mains voltage is between 120 and 260 volts respectively. Luminous 1.5KVA/24V solar hybrid inverter features advanced battery management that ensures your battery lasts long and also a battery reverse polarity protection, which ensures you do not mistakenly damage your inverter during installation.
The Luminous 1.5KVA/24V solar hybrid inverter has an advanced features as:
- Intelligent logic control (simultaneous charging solar-mains with priority to solar)
- Features Pure sine wave UPS with 85% efficiency
- Has an Intelligent Solar Optimization Technique (ISOT)
- Inbuilt charge controller with 98 percent efficiency
- Intelligent battery monitoring through LCD display
- Battery charging commences at 110Volt mains voltage
- It is equipped with battery type selection
- Deliver output for both AC as well as DC.
- Battery safety include; deep discharge protection, overcharge protection, short circuit protection, and battery type selection
- Pure sine wave UPS output
- DC load O/P of 12V 20amp in 850VA and 12V 5Amp in 1500VA
The specs of Luminous 1.5KVA/24V solar hybrid inverter is shown below:
- Comes under the model: SOLAR NXG 1.5kVA
- Capacity: 1500VA (1.5kVA)
- Voltage (Input): 110-29V
- Max Bulb Load (Output)): 1200 Watts
- Maximum Charging Current (battery): 24V
- Gross Weight (Kg.): 14.06
- Dimension LxWxH (cm): 30.5×27.5×13
In buying the Luminous 1.5KVA/24V solar hybrid inverter, the price cost is between
₦89,500 – ₦100,000. For the latest price, Click Here.
Felicity Solar 10KVA/48V Solar Inverter
The Felicity Solar 10KVA/48V Solar Inverter is a low frequency solar inverter with a long durability lifespan. It has a bypass charging function so as when the unit off, it can be activated with bypass output and can charge the battery.
Felicity Solar 10KVA/48V Solar Inverter has the following basic features:
- Has a by-passing charging function that is activated with bypass output and can charge the battery when the unit is off.
- High charging current that the max charging current can be set to 80A for 10048, easy and clear to set 0A, 10A, 20A, 30A, 40A, 50A, 60A, 70A, & 80A respectively.
- The electricity and battery priority is optional as customers can choose electricity or battery priority according to their needs.
- Wide range of AC input voltage that has the range of AC input up to 90-280V. And said to be compatible with generator operation.
A full Felicity Solar 10KVA/48V Solar Inverter has the following specs:
- Belong to model IVPL10048
- DC Input Voltage: 48V
- Rated Output Power (VA): 10000VA 8000W
- Rated Output Power (W): 8000W
- Input Voltage Waveform: Sine (public facility or generator)
- Rated Input Voltage: 220vac
- Grid Low Voltage Recovery Voltage: 100Vac ±7Vac
- Grid High Voltage: 280Vac ±7Vac
- Grid High Voltage Recovery Voltage: 270Vac±7Vac
- Max Input Voltage: 280Vrms
- Grid Max Bypass Current: 60A
The average price cost for the Felicity Solar 10KVA/48V Solar Inverter is between ₦550,000 – ₦575,300
These are the top 10 solar inverters you can buy with their prices, features, and specification. The inverters are arranged in no particular order. I hope you found this article helpful. If there’s any question about the topic, feel free to contact us, or use the comment box below.