HP Laserjet P1102 also know as HP Laserjet Professional p1102 or HP Laserjet Pro p1102 is an affordable and utility printer from Hewlett-Packard (HP), is great for both home and office users. Using hp p1102, printing sharp and quality documents are delivers on speed. Its maintenance is also very low in cost compared to others.
HP Laserjet Professional p1102 is an economical and efficient printer, best of all, it is low priced alongside great value to be a proud owner of one. HP Laserjet P1102 printer features wireless HP LaserJet printing from virtually anywhere be it at home, small or large office, and others.
HP Laserjet P1102 has an auto-installation driver built-in which means you don’t have to make use of the CD installer before the drivers can be installed on your PC. All you’ve gotten is simply power the printer, connect to the PC with the provided installation USB cable, follow an onscreen prompt to get it installed and printing starts. That’s all; it’s a plug-and-play printer!
Laserjet Pro p1102 is a replacement option for the formal P1005 or P1006 HP laser printers that have now been discontinued. Its printing speed starts at up to 19 ppm letter/18 ppm A4 with no need for extra wires.
Not that Speed might also vary depending on the system (PC) configuration, software application, driver, as well as document complexity (i.e if the document seems to be larger).
One thing I like about HP Laserjet P1102 is the HP Auto-on/Auto-off technology, this printer intelligently senses when to come on (i.e when print jobs is/are sent) and when to turn off (i.e when no print activity for a while). With this, it helps save heavily on energy consumption. Remember no waste of energy if you’re running your home or office using the prepaid meter.
Save heavily on energy consumption, boosting business bottom-line, with HP Auto-on/Auto-off technology in this printer. HP P1102 printer intelligently senses when to come on (print job sent) and when to turn off (no print activity for a while). No waste of energy.
These printers are two of a kind, colours white and black, model HP Laserjet Pro p1102 and HP Laserjet Pro p1102W. The difference between this two model is that the one with W features wireless printing while other not.
In the resolution, HP Laserjet Professional p1102 printer prints up to 600 x 600 x 2 dpi which is about 1200 dpi effective output, it supports HP FastRes 600, and HP FastRes 1200. The printer’s first page out time is as fast as 8.5 seconds on a go.
Where to Buy Original HP LaserJet P1102 Printer
Konga Nigeria – See Offers
HP Laserjet P1102 Features
The following are Laserjet P1102 features you should know:
- It has HP Smart Install technology, the automatic installer drivers built-in.
- First printing speed starts at 8.5 seconds, it gets printing quickly with the help of HP Instant-on technology. No delay waiting for printer to warm-up. Remember, save you save time.
- HP Laserjet Professional p1102 has HP Auto-on/Auto-off technology that helps you save heavily on energy consumption.
- Laserjet Pro P1102 delivers quality and neatly printing output
- It takes up to 150-sheets in its input tray for your print work
- Windows 7, 8, 10 and others compatible printer
HP Laserjet P1102 Full Specs
Laserjet P1102 has the following full specifications:
- Print Speed: About 18 ppm (A4), which might vary also depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document density.
- Print Resolution: Up to 600 x 600 x 2 dpi (1200 dpi effective output) ; HP FastRes 600, HP FastRes 1200
- Processor: 266 MHz
- Memory: 2 MB
- First printing out time: Fast as 8.5 seconds
- Feeding intake capacity: 150 sheets input in the tray
- Dimension: 349 x 238 x 196 mm, 400 x 250 x 298 mm
- Weight: 6.35 kg
- Sound power (Noise Level): 6.4 B(A)
- Sound pressure (by standard): 51 dB(A)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- Media Size: 150-sheet input tray: 147 x 211 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media Weight: 60 to 163 g/m²
- Paper Output Capacity: 100-sheets
- Media Type: Paper (laser, plain, photo, rough, vellum), envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, postcards
How do I install HP LaserJet P1102?
There’re four (4) possible ways to install HP LaserJet P1102 on your computer system, first using drivers CD pack, second using auto-install/auto-run process, thirdly is downloading the drivers pack online, fourth manually (Add a printer) and get the printer installed on your PC.
Let’s get started on the installation process using CD, online downloaded driver, and auto-installation process:
Installing Using Driver CD Pack
Here, you’ve to own the laserjet P1102 driver CD pack, plug the printer to a power source and switch it ON, boot your PC (computer system), connect the printer and the PC via USB cable. Before following the steps on your PC, note the windows version you’re using: See steps below:
Windows 7 Operation System (OS)
First ensure you’ve slot the CD in the computer’s CD/DVD ROM, Click on Start button > Navigate and click Computer or My Computer > In the DVD RW Drive, double click or right click to select install > follow the onscreen prompt by click NEXT or YES till installation gets finish.
Windows 8 and 10 Operation System (OS)
Slot the CD in the computer’s CD/DVD ROM, Click on Windows button > Navigate and click PC or This PC > In the DVD RW Drive, double click or right click to select install > follow the onscreen prompt by click NEXT or YES till installation gets finish.
Install HP P1102 Downloaded Driver Online
Using this process, you’ll have to download the LaserJet p1102 printer’s driver online. To do this, go to HP LaserJet P1102 software and driver official website and click on the Download drivers button. After downloading the driver, double-click or right-click to get it installed on your computer.
Note, make sure you choose an operating system that matches your version of Windows alongside OS bit for windows 32/64 bit operating system. You can get started by choosing either the Basic Driver or Full Feature Driver.
Automatic Installation of HP LaserJet P1102 Printer
The auto-install or autorun features allow you to install an HP P1102 printer on a go. All you got doing is plug the printer into an electricity or generator source to get it powered, power on your PC, and connect the printer to the PC via USB cable.
Once the auto install wizard pop-up, click on install to get started. You can as well go to Start Button > Computer/My computer for windows 7 down or Windows Button > PC/This PC for windows 8 upward.
Installing HP P1102 Manually (Add a printer)
To install HP laserjet p1102 printer manually using ADD A PRINTER features on windows, see steps below:
- On your PC, Go to Start/Windows Button
- Navigate and click Control Panel.
- On the dialog box, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Devices and Printers home, click on Add Printer.
- Click Add a local printer (i.e if you don’t have a USB printer listed in the list). Note that’s Windows installs USB printers automatically as you plug them in.
- Select port for your printer or create a new one
- Click Next
- Ensure you choose your printer from the list including the brand and model
- Click Next
- At this point, you’ll have to select Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended)
- Click Next
- Note, if you don’t find HP P1102 printer drivers in this default list, then you have to download its drivers first from owns official website, extract drivers to the temp folder then give that temp folder path in this “add a printer” installation wizard.
- Click next again and then click Finish.
Uninstalling Laserjet P1102
Uninstalling HP laserjet P1102 printer is not that hard but as easily as whatever that’s easy for you to handle. Uninstalling printer is done when experiencing printer malfunctions, or driver conflicts. It creates multiple problems that might cause you to uninstall it.
To do this, click start/window button > control panel > programs > uninstall a program > select the HP laserjet P1102 printer > click uninstall. And that’s all.
Price and Availability
HP laserjet p1102 price starts around NGN64,000 to NGN115,000 for brand new while fairly used cost between N35,000 to N45,000. It price might also vary depending on the configuration (wireless or non-wireless), conditions (brand new or fairly used), or location.
Laserjet p1102 is available at HP store, gadget stores alongside any trusted and reliable online shopping website.
Shopping Original Laserjet P1102
Konga Nigeria – View Offers
Supported operating systems by HP Laserjet P1102
The following are supported OS that can run on Laserjet P1102 printer:
- Windows XP 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows 8 / 8.1 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows 10 32-bit / 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 32-bit / 64-bit
- Mac OS X version 10.1 to 10.12
- Mac OS Sierra version 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Moajve.
HP Laserjet P1102 Cartridge and Toner
Looking for what print toner to use on your HP P1102 printer, the HP Laserjet Pro P1102 uses HP CE285A Toner Cartridge and a black toner powder.
This guide serve as hp laserjet p1102 manual to tell about this printer’s review, specs, features and how to get it installed on your computer. HP laserjet p1102 driver download for PCs is started here to give clear insight when installing your HP p1102 printer using downloaded drivers.
If you find this article helpful, kindly share it to help others out there. Your comments are welcome regarding any issues you’re facing when using this printer as we’ll try our possible best to get it answered as soon as possible. Thanks for reading.