Santander online banking is an online large retail and commercial banked platform that start in Spain and serving customers in the Northeast since 2013.
Access your account information online with Santander internet banking such as managing your money, cards and view other services. And to apply for a bank account online with Santander Bank is pretty easy.
With Santander online banking, you’ll enjoy convenient online bank account options from one of the best personal banks in the world. This bank can be accessed anywhere in the world via its online banking.
It is to have your password and personal ID to login into the official platform at any time of the day. Using the Santander online banking website is safe and secured, so Santander accounts can be managed confidently online.
Santander internet banking has a large standard of security in technology to safeguard the platform. The online banking offer users privacy as customer’s identity are well protected.
This article is here to highlight all the important information that you would need to know about this financial institution’s online banking.
All the details are outlined below about the overview of Santander Online Banking.
Features/ Benefits Of Santander Online Banking
The features and benefits of Santander online banking include the following:
- Simple management of credit cards, current accounts, investments and savings
- Easy to download account summary to aid with tax returns
- Simple viewing of any fees, account balance and interest rates
- Transferring money or making securely between two accounts
- Setting up of text alerts or emails
- Easy security setting and updating of personal details
Requirement for registering Santander online banking
To sign up for Santander online Banking, will need you having the following:
- Santander account number
- Your Santander debit card
- Your UK Address
- Date of birth
- Access to your mobile phone
How to enroll Santander online banking
Enrolling in Santander online banking is very easy, you login to the official page of the Santander platform at www.retail.santander.co.uk.
Santander internet banking offers 3 online banking accounts such as personal, business, and corporate.
There is how to register/activate Santander online banking.
- Visit the Santander online banking page to register on the site by clicking on “Don’t have Online Banking? Sign up” link.
- You fill the online form starting with your personal details and make sure you complete all fields required like the first name, last name, date of birth, Uk postcode etc.
- For security reasons you would need to authenticate your enrollment. You would get a one-time passcode on your telephone number to verify your identity, then you click to continue.
- Create your new Personal ID and password, press continue.
- With this, you have successfully enrolled in the online banking.
- Next, click on login to online banking to get started
Santander online banking login
To login into your Santander online banking account. You do the following:
- Go to Santander online banking login page.
- Enter your Personal ID.
- Next, enter your Security Number. Note, your Security Number may also refer to as your 5 digit Registration Number or Customer PIN.
- Lastly, click on the “Log On” button.
How to pay bills via Santander online banking
Paying bills with Santander online banking is easy. To get started, do the following:
- Visit the Santander online banking page.
- Login to your Santander account.
- Then go to payments and transfers tab.
- Click on pay existing payee or pay new payee.
- Select the account you want to make your pay from.
- Select the payee you intend paying
- Add the amount to go ahead with the payment and you are done
Santander online banking transfer
It is now possible to transfer money from Santander savings, checking or even money market accounts to other banks. You just have to follow the below steps:
- Once login to your Santander online banking account, using the navigation tabs, click on transfers and then transfer funds.
- Select other accounts.
- Enter the transfer details like transfer from, transfer to. Transfer amount, date and the frequency.
- This is optional completing the transferring message like the recipient and email address.
- Click on continue.
- Review the confirmation transfer details.
- Key in the one-time passcode and tap continue.
- Confirm the transfer details and tap continue
- The transfer summary screen will display confirmation message: funds transferred successfully.
How to reset Santander online banking password and personal ID
Sometimes one might forget the Santander online login details or password blocked because of invalid attempts the following can be done to get it working again.
How to get Santander online banking Personal ID if forgotten
Follow the steps below to get your Santander online banking Personal ID if you ever forget it:
- Go to the Santander online banking login page
- Click on “Forgotten details”
- It will redirect you to a next page, in the page, click on “Forgotten my Personal ID” above the Personal ID field.
- Enter you first name, last name, date of birth, and UK postcode then click on “Continue” button.
- Sometime, they may send a One Time Passcode, enter the passcode and Review and submit
- You Santander online banking Personal ID displayed or sent to you immediately.
How to reset Santander Online banking Password
The following are the procedure to reset your Santander online banking password if you ever forget it.
- Visit the Santander online banking page.
- Click on “Forgotten details”.
- Enter your Personal ID and your mobile number is their respective field.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Note, if you have changed your mobile number you’ll need to call Santander customer service line.
- They’ll get you back on track.
How to secure transaction with Santander online banking
When it comes to securing your transaction with Santander online banking you need to personally take precaution first.
You do this by securing your online account security by keeping your user ID and password safe.
This is equivalent to your ATM debit card PIN. So you shouldn’t just write it down. You should memorize it. It will be a lot better.
Secondly, when you are done with any transaction online, you will need to exit from your system you do this by selecting log off from the site.
Check the top of the platform to carry this out. Better still you clear the browser history or cache of Santander’s online banking site immediately you are done with a transaction.
This is most important if you login via a public computer.
Santander online banking customer care service
There are different ways to contact Santander online banking customer care. You could chat with them by using the red chat tab on the right of the official page www.santander.co.uk
You can as well call to speak with them on 0800 917 9170 or you call their 24 hours helpline on +44 1512 648 725
Santander online banking is an easy way of accessing your Santander bank account online. It is really convenient and simple way of doing all transactions done anywhere you are.
So if you have not yet enrolled do go ahead now. The information you need to get started as been stated above, you just have to follow it systematically to get it right.
With Santander online banking checking your latest information and bank statements will just be a click away.