The Xiaomi Redmi K40 is a lovely device that offers good display quality and an unforgettable gaming experience. Redmi K40 brand has aliases as M2012K11AC, HAYDN, and M2012K11G.
Xiaomi K40 announced its launch on 25th February 2021 and was made available on 04th May 2021. It is on sale now.
If you are looking for a cell phone that has a high density of about 386ppi with stereo speakers and Octa core processor, then you might just need to check out this phone.
You would learn more about Xiaomi Redmi K40 from the comprehensive review that is down below.
Where to Buy Xiaomi K40
Konga Nigeria – See Offers
Features of Xiaomi Redmi K40
Xiaomi K40 is characterized by the following features:
- It comes with stereo speakers
- Has a high display quality
- The design is unique
- Xiaomi Redmi K40 offers great gaming experience
- You would enjoy an infrared port
- There are no google services preinstalled, same with no mini jack or FM radio
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Specs
Xiaomi Redmi K40 as a middle-range phone comes with the following specification:
- Materials: plastic, splash resistant and glass design
- Usable surface: 85%
- Weight: 196g
- Aspect ratio: 20.9
- Resolution: 1080 x2400px
- Audio: Dolby Atmos, stereo speakers and Hi-Res Audio
- Processor type: Octa core
- Model: Qualcomm snapdragon 870
- Frequency: 3.2GHz
- Graphics: Qualcomm Adreno 650
- Storage: Capacity : 128GB
- SD slot: No
Xiaomi Redmi K40 price
For Nigerians the Xiaomi Redmi K40 price starts from #115,500 to about #126,000. So your price of purchase will be determined mostly by where you buy. You can get it online on Jumia Nigeria, Konga and Amazon.
Shopping from India, Xiaomi Redmi K40 price start at Rs. 22.490 up to Rs. 23.490. Also note that Redmi K40 price in Bangladesh may vary when compare to other countries.
To know if your Xiaomi Redmi K40 phone and all its accessories are original or fake, See our guide on how to detect between original and fake Xiaomi Phones, Batteries and Chargers.
Xiaomi Redmi K40 comes with an almost same design like the Xiaomi Redmi Mi 11, the element are distributed evenly while the camera module is a lot elongated.
Redmi K40 has some very nice colors like Black, White, and Aurora. There seems to be a whole lot of improvement with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi K40 than its predecessor.
You can easily press the sensor in a groove on the side of the phone. It has a fingerprint recognition mode. So it seems Xiaomi phone company just needed to give its users a nice design this time around.
You will enjoy Xiaomi Redmi K40 display as it uses a flat E4, 1080P 120HZ refresh rate OLED screen. This screen is like the real selling point for this device.
Xiaomi K40 has a 6.67 inches Amoled 120Hz capacitive touchscreen display. It has got 1300 nits of peak brightness and about 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio.
You would like this because it takes up very little power. You would notice outstanding thing about the display experience of this phone, it is the adaptive color display and the 2.76mm hole punch.
So with this you can always ignore the front camera and then enjoy the videos. The color option makes it possible for adjusting the color temperature of the screen.
Of course, you can easily reduce eye strain with this. So you would having an excellent display experience with your Xiaomi Redmi K40
Xiaomi Redmi K40 comes with a main camera that has an IMX582 sensor. It has an ultra-wide angle sensor which is 8MP and also has a 5mp telephoto macro lens of the same type just like mi11.
So you would be enjoying a good lot of time taking your shots. It has a high quality night camera performance. It gives more detail in the dark areas than even in Edge.
So when you think about Redmi K40 night mode, you should be anticipating an improved version of it. When you need a better camera shot during the day the ultra-widen lenses will be your best.
It will furnish you with the right photos that you needed. You will also enjoy micro shooting with this device. It uses a separate special lens for its micro shooting.
The snag with its camera is that colors might not just be vibrant enough same with inadequate resolution but you might just make do with the slightly better control of the purple-fringing issue.
Well, for the video, you need to know that Xiaomi Redmi K40 doesn’t have 6k videos on its main camera. So it only supports 30fps. Bottom-line is that you can enjoy 1080p 30fps from this device ultra-wide camera
Xiaomi Redmi K40 battery life is rewarding, though it still uses 22w fast charging but it has been optimized more this time.
Redmi K40 comes with a non-removable LI-PO 4520mAh battery but the battery optimization is great. You can be sure to get about 69% when you charge this device for about half an hour and get a full charge within 54 minutes.
So you can see it takes a lesser time to charge even less than even phones with 40w fast charging. So you need not worry about it duration for a charge.
Shopping Original Xiaomi Redmi K40 Online
Konga Nigeria – View Offers
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Network and Storage
You would be enjoying 4G and 5G network with your Xiaomi Redmi K40 smartphone, So it all about a speed of light for you when you need to upload or download from the internet.
You have a storage space of 12GM memory and storage space. The ROM for this phone is 256GB
Xiaomi Redmi K40 Full Specs
Below is the full specification for Redmi K40 smartphone:
- Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / CDMA2000 / LTE / 5G
XIAOMI REDMI K40 LAUNCH DATE
- The Xiaomi Redmi K40 was launch 2021, February 25 and the status available and officially released 2021, March 04.
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm (6.44 x 3.01 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Card slot: No
- Supported Internal Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- UFS: 3.1
- Triple: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- It features LED flash, HDR, and panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Single: 20 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- It features HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Fingerprint Sensors (side-mounted)
- Color spectrum
- Type: Li-Po 4520 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 52 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery: 3.0
- Quick Charge: 3+
- Black, White, and Aurora
Xiaomi Redmi K40 is one phone you would enjoy if you are more concern about high performance, you are sure of getting that.
You will get same with wanting a phone that is low heating with a not so demanding camera. You might focus more on the excellent sides of Xiaomi Redmi K40 like its perfect E4 screen with its unique design.
Though it has its own weak points but you can enjoy it if you are on a budget and just need a phone you would be comfortable with. Then you need to get a Xiaomi Redmi K40 smartphone as one.