Be it “Savings” or “Current”, to open Access Bank Account is pretty easy. You can open an Access Bank Account in different ways and they are as follows:
- Open Access Bank Account Online
- Open the Access Bank Account with USSD code
- Open Access Bank Account using Access mobile banking app
- Access internet banking process to open an Access bank account online
- Lastly, visit any Access Bank Plc branch to open an Account
With the advent of the internet, a lot can be done from the comfort of the home. You can create your Access bank account from anywhere now.
So if you are interested in opening an account with Access Bank Nigeria then you can do it online or offline.
This piece is here to educate you on how to achieve this. You can open your Access bank account online using 2 methods.
All that will be discussed below:
Benefits of Access bank Online Account Opening
- It’s convenient and flexible means of account opening with minimum requirements
- The Access bank Account can be opened at home, contact center, website or in the bank branch
- It makes the Access bank account holder to be financially included
- Providing account information updates via SMS/Email alerts
- Access to cash anytime, and anywhere with debit cards on ATMs
- Use of Verve debit cards on POS terminals anytime 24/7 daily
- Makes it easy to update when visited the Access bank branch
Requirements to Open Access Bank Account
How do I open an access money account, you would need the following:
- Smart device and an active internet connection (for online Access bank account opening or Access mobile app account opening)
- Smart device / non-smart device can be use for Access bank USSD account opening),
- Your email address
- Mobile phone number
- Contact Address
- Next of kin and more detail about you
How to Open Access Bank Account Online
Open Access Bank Account Online using Access mobile banking app
Now follow the below steps to get it right with creating an Access bank account via its mobile banking app or internet banking service:
Note, this is for those using smartphones only
- Head to either your App Store (iOS device) or Google Play Store (Android device) to download the official access bank plc app
- Download and install the Access mobile app on your smart device
- Launch it by clicking on it to register
- Next, input your mobile phone number and then click on continue to proceed
- You would automatically get an SMS on your phone number you had provided. Check the SMS to get the authentication code
- Go back to your Access bank mobile app to input the Authentication code into the space provided
- You can select the account you want to open whether savings or current, then type in your first name
- Next, you can now enter your last name, your date of birth. Make sure you have your information correctly inputted
- Go ahead now to input your gender male or female. Then click on next to continue
- Enter your Mobile phone number again here, and then proceed to enter your valid email address
- Enter your National ID number, select your city of residence and tab on the next button to proceed
- Input the name of your Next of kin and enter the next of kin mobile number
- The next field is to enter the relationship with your Next of kin
- You are expected to select the preferred Access bank branch of your choice. It would be better to go for any closest to you
- You are almost done. To complete it fully click on the create account tab to complete the process and you are done.
Your Access bank account number will be sent to you via SMS or email. Note that you’re to visit the Access bank branch you select upon registration to update your account and gain more access to it because you are been limited to certain things.
How to open an Access bank account with Access Internet Banking Platform
The method of opening an Access bank account using its mobile banking app seems to be similar to that of Access internet banking but the only difference is that you’ll have to download Access mobile app before opening an Access bank account online while in that of internet banking service, you simply go to the Access bank internet banking page to get started.
How to Open Access Bank Account with USSD code
Asking “Can I open an Access bank account with my phone”. Creating your Access bank account using the Access bank USSD code can be done with a smart or non-smartphone.
With this method, you don’t need the internet; you only need your phone (smart or non-smartphone) and a registered active SIM card.
The Access bank USSD code to open an account is *901*0#. A service charge of 6.98k will be charged for using this process.
See the steps to open an Access bank account via USSD code:
- On your phone dial the USSD code *901*0#. Follow the instructions afterwards
- Then enter your first name as requested
- Next, type in your last name and send
- Then follow your screen prompts to finish the registrations
- Ensure to enter only valid phone number, email address, home address and other information needed
- You can link your BVN, if you had registered already
- Your account number will be sent to you instantly after registration
- For other information for validation or updates, you can visit the nearest Access bank Plc to complete it.
Open an Account by visiting Access Bank Plc branch
This is the most common way of opening an Access bank account. Here, you will have to visit any Access Bank branch near you, meet any of the Access bank customer representatives, and request that you want to open an account.
A form will be given to you to fill and submit. Ensure you fill the form correctly, and provide a passport photograph, any means of identification (national identity card, Voters card, driving license, or any), you will also have to provide a utility bill (electricity payment bill note less than 3 months).
Once documented, you’ll have to wait for 24 or 48 hours for Access bank Plc to open and sent your account number to you.
Registering for Access bank plc is very easy and straightforward online. You need to follow any of these methods above and you would have created your Access bank account of your choice in no time.
Therefore, if your question is Can I open Access bank account online without going to the bank? Yes, but using the Access mobile app, Access internet banking, or better still Access bank USSD code can help you achieve that. However, visiting Access bank branch, you’ll have to go to the bank.
Please don’t forget to share and help others also. We are always available if you have any questions based on this topic, use the comment box below.