RBC online banking has 2 faces using the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) mobile app, or banking online via RBC internet banking. Hence, RBC internet banking makes it easy for you to do your banking in one convenient place.
Here, there will be no need for you to visit any Royal Bank of Canada branch as regards enrolling for RBC online banking for all this are accessible via the internet. And you can do it once you have an RBC account.
Now, with RBC internet banking, you’ll spend less time on your banking and always know where you stand, it also provides access to tools and services that give you quick and easy control over your money.
This tutorial will be guiding you on everything you should know about RBC online banking starting from how to how to register RBC internet banking, activate Royal Bank of Canada online banking, and more.
Without wasting much of your time, let’s get started!
What is RBC Online Banking?
This is the Royal Bank online banking that allows it account holders to carry out bank transaction online without needs visiting the bank branch. RBC online gives you access to check your account balance, view transactions, pay bills, etc.
To enroll in RBC online banking, the bank offers RBC online personal banking and RBC online business banking. Therefore, when registering the Royal Bank online banking, make a choice that best suits you.
What Can I do with the Royal Bank Online Banking?
- Check account balances
- Transfer money between accounts
- Pay bills
- Send money fast
- Manage account/Credit
- Keep Track Of Your Mortgage And Loans etc
Requirement to register Royal Bank of Canada online banking
Before you begin to enroll in RBC online banking, make sure you have one of the following:
- RBC Royal Bank Client Card
- RBC Royal Bank credit card
- RBC Royal Bank Account Number
- Mobile phone/home phone number
How to Register RBC Online Banking
Here, I will be showing you how to enroll in Royal Bank of Canada online banking both for RBC online personal banking and RBC online business banking. Let’s get started.
How to register RBC online personal banking
Follow the steps below to register and activate the RBC online personal banking today;
- Go to RBC online banking page.
- Select “Myself” to sign up personal RBC internet banking.
- Click on “Enrol Now” button to continue.
- Next, answer the question that says “Do you have an RBC Royal Bank Client card or credit card?” Select YES or NO and click on continue.
- The next step is to “Get your Activation Code” and activate your Royal Bank online banking account and click on continue.
- Now, set your password and submit.
And that’s all about creating RBC online personal banking account.
How to Activate RBC online business banking
Here is the step-by-step guideline to enroll for the RBC online business banking. Also, note additional fees may apply for online banking services with an RBC business account:
- Visit the RBC online banking page.
- Select “My Business” to sign up business RBC online banking.
- Fill in the form by entering the following details; Business Client Card Number, Business Postal Code and click on “Continue”.
- Next is to “Get your Activation Code” and activate your Royal Bank online banking account and click on continue.
- Now, set your password and submit.
And that’s all about creating RBC online business banking account.
What to get started with before doing RBC Online Banking Transfer
Have you ever asked how do I do an e-transfer with RBC online? If yes, you will find the answer here.
How to send an Interac e-Transfer using RBC online banking here is what you need to start.
First, to send an Interac e-Transfer via RBC Online Banking, you need to be enrolled in RBC Online Banking, and provide the email address or mobile phone number of the person you are sending money to.
While to receive an Interac e-Transfer, your recipient needs to have an email address or mobile phone number, and a bank account at any Canadian financial institution.
Here is how to do e-Transfer Using RBC Online Banking
When sending money via Royal Bank of Canada online banking you will have to choose your account and the dollar amount then enter the recipient’s information and send.
Here are the steps on how to transfer money using RBC online banking.
- Go to the Royal Bank online banking page.
- Login to your RBC online banking account.
- From your Accounts Summary page, go to the “Quick Payments & Transfers” box, and select the account you want to send money from.
- Choose INTERAC e-Transfer in the To-drop down menu.
- Now, enter the dollar amount you want to send in the Amount field.
- Click Submit.
- Review the terms and conditions then click “Continue”.
- Enter the recipient’s information following the onscreen instructions
- Review all of the transaction details and click Confirm.
Note: The funds will be withdrawn from your RBC account immediately and your recipient will be notified by email or text message (as selected by you); instructions are provided with the e-Transfer Notification on how to accept and deposit the funds.
How to check balance via RBC Online
Here is how to check your account balance using RBC Online Banking:
- Sign in to your RBC Online Banking account.
- Now select the RBC account you’d like it balace.
- Immediately your balance appears at the top of the page.
Pay bills with Royal Bank Canada online banking
Paying bills online is even more convenient when you’re an RBC Royal Bank account holder. With RBC online banking, you can start paying multiple bills, and is pretty easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the RBC online banking page.
- Sign in to RBC online account.
- On the Account Balances page, select “Pay bills and transfer funds”.
- Now, select the “Multiple Bills” tab.
- Choose your RBC account.
- Enter an amount for each payee you have selected then click Continue.
- Confirm/review your transaction.
- Lastly, click on the “Send” button.
How to recover RBC Online Username
Here is the step-by-step guide to recover your RBC online banking username if you ever forget it.
- Visit the RBC online banking page.
- Under client card or username field, click “Recover Your Username”.
- Review the instruction and make sure you have any at hand then click “Continue”.
- Select any of the means you will need to recover your RBC online username and click “Continue”.
- Fill in the details as required by the prompt and continue.
- Once confirmed, your RBC online username will be sent to you via SMS or Email.
How do I reset my RBC Online Banking Password if I forget it
Here is how to reset your RBC online password:
- Visit RBC online Sign In page.
- Under the password field.
- Click on “Reset Your Password”.
- Input your RBC Client Card Number or Username in field provided.
- Enter a new password/confirm it.
- Following the on-screen instructions, you will be sent a temporary authentication code via text (SMS) or voice mail, whichever you prefer.
- Enter a new password of your choice and confirm.
- Lastly, submit.
RBC Online Banking Contact Number
For support, contact the Royal Bank contact number by calling 1-800-769-2555
This has provided you with all the information you needed to know about the RBC online banking and I hope you find it helpful.
Please, do share to help others who might have to be in need of the information also.